• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HSBC & D.G

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSBC & D.G

Having been stressed by credit card companies after heart attack & refusal of employer to allow me to go back to work full time (now on 16hrs), tried to explain to hsbc & capital one my problem only to be harrassed by phone calls etc etc., eventualy I had found out that both say they never received statement of affairs I sent in september last year, (I have been paying them £50 a month) as good will, eventually in January, I sent more statement of of affairs after a telephone call to Udall of D.G SOLICITORS, who asked me not to pay HSBC BUT HE WILL SEND A PAYMENT CARD FOR USE IN A POST OFIICE, 10 days thereabouts later I receive Court papers from Northampton c.c. I rang CCCS who answered if you owe it pay them, (must of been bad day for someone), although if I have trouble with the form ring them, I duly filled the form informing the court that I already pay £50 per month, cut a long story short I have not heard from Northampton only D.G. saying I must of heard from Northampton a Judgment against me for £50 per month, I rang D.G. to tell them I never received notification, they could not be bothered , YOU SHOULD OF was the reply. Anyway looking through proceedures for judgments should I not of received letter before action 14 days????? and any other proceedures. Talk about being ill and trying to recover from a serious illness , never had time without worries from these people, got to a stage where you get addled and not think straight. Could anybody advise on any issue here???? Capital one accepted my offer £50 per month by letter, problem was a telephone call prior to letter saying they would only accept £55???? per month. I retire in November 2009 hopefully.
    Last edited by MIKE770; 3rd July 2009, 12:18:PM.

Re: HSBC & D.G

Call Northampton and ask them the current status of the case. Then come back and let us know. you will need the Claim number from the top of the N1 form.

it is quite possible if you entered an admission and offer to pay of 350 a month it was just accepted and rubber stamped by the court and they forgot to tell you.

Keep paying your £50 in the meantime. If you are happy paying that amount.

additionally we can look at recaliming charges off the account, PPI and if judgment hasnt been entered look at the case more thoroughly.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Call Northampton and ask them the current status of the case. Then come back and let us know. you will need the Claim number from the top of the N1 form.

it is quite possible if you entered an admission and offer to pay of 350 a month it was just accepted and rubber stamped by the court and they forgot to tell you.

Keep paying your £50 in the meantime. If you are happy paying that amount.

additionally we can look at recaliming charges off the account, PPI and if judgment hasnt been entered look at the case more thoroughly.
      The amount Amy was £50, that rubber stamped by Northampton that is what DG had said in that previous telecon as I remember at the end of the call, I have reclaimed Charges as per my post HSBC credit card, I did not have PPI on the card.
      Last edited by MIKE770; 3rd July 2009, 12:19:PM.

Comment

Okay give northampton a call and find out what happened with the claim and ask for them to send u the paperwork/judgement as you havent received it.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Will follow this one up soon, but at the moment feel stressed dealing with cap 1,and I must get my confidence back as it is very low at the moment Amy

Comment

Had loads of phone calls the last week or so from HSBC 0N 08456017206, which says no further action is required from yourself, but later from it a message to ring DG Sols on 01214552479, well load and behold DG are asking me if my circumstances have changed now, I replied yes my financies have gone down now I am retired, and to be honest if I new what I now know last year they would not of got away with what they did, as at the time I was recovering from heart attack, okay he said he will make a note of my changed circumstances, wasn!t going to ask me for more money because my personal loan has just finished with them,??? strange they contact after last payment made??? B??????? (finishes with an S) repayment already is through CCJ which was the amount I was already paying them before CCJ.
            Last edited by MIKE770; 1st December 2009, 21:23:PM.

Comment

Had loads of phone calls the last week or so from HSBC 0N 08456017206, seems a number you ring back and tells you not to worry do not need to ring back, so it is a generated line by the looks of it, but from it a message to ring DG Sols on 01214552479, well load and behold D G are asking me if my circiumstances have changed now, I relied yes my financies have gone down now I am retired, and to be honest if I new now last year they would not of got away with what they did, as at the time I was recovering from heart attack,okay he said he willmake a note of my changed circumstances, wasn!t going to ask me for more money because my personal load has just finished with them, strange they contact after last payment made??? B???????? SEE BELOW:

Have had more phone calls from HSBC even after talking to DG the other day, the No: I 1471 was 08007832226, as checked with a search engine id HSBC any ideas what they might be up to now, as I told them I had retired and their CCJ repayments were up to date?????

Comment

Have received to-day letter from Northampton CCBC giving notice of transfer of proceedings to local conty court for enforcement, this relates to CCJ which I have been paying every month as per CCJ, also HSBC credit card people credited charges to the CCJ account earlier this year, also credit for car insurance was also credited this year to account, so more repayment have been made to account than was due, What are they up to trying to enforce something which I pay throgh Pay Point and have the receipts for, that phone call before xmas asking me if my circumstances have changed I informed them I am retired now and my payments were up to date, he replied we know. I am going to try and find the paperwork for last January I sent to them also try and find Default Notice, they increased the original credit card amount with full payments (whilst I was unable to pay due to change in circumstances after Heart Attack, previous post rerers to this time. Any help pls would be appreciated.

Comment

My advise is only worth a penny (if that) but it sounds like because of 'extra' payments going into the account, through your car insurance credit, etc it has triggered off on their computer system. Perhaps the people you spoke to in DG did not compute your coversation correctly about your circumstances, this has happened to me more often than I care to think. I would give them a call and ask whats going on...

Take care and good luck

Comment

Okay, did you ever call the court and find out about the installment order ? If its an installment order then they have to go back to court to get it redetermined.

What does the notice of transfer say ?

Yep agree with Ruby, the extra going in to your account has probably flagged something up.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Okay, did you ever call the court and find out about the installment order ? If its an installment order then they have to go back to court to get it redetermined.

Yep agree with Ruby, the extra going in to your account has probably flagged something up.

To All Parties: -

This claim has been transferred to theTxxxxxx & Nxxxxx Axxxx County Court for enforcement.

That is all.

Comment

Ok - You NEED to know what the original order was. It could have been a forthwith order which HSBC have just accepted installments on temporarily and could be going for forthwith enforcement So give the court a call in the morning and ask for a copy of the order (or to tell you what it was)
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

never rang northampton court.
                          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------

Redetermined???
                          Last edited by MIKE770; 8th January 2010, 16:51:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

redetermined - Change the amount of the installments, or switch it to forthwith payment etc.

If you have a CCJ with an installment order of £50 a month and havent missed payments then they can;'t do anything without applying to the court first.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

HAVE/DID they do the correct legal route, I sent letter 27th January 2009 to DG saying house on market may be in a position to to clear unsecured debts once sold (not yet since market drop will endevour to sell this year I hope to downsize) and that I await documents to continue paying the £50 a month which I was already paying - On the 5th February 2009 I receive from Northampton CC N1 that is only 8 days service with no prelimenaries???
                              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                              Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                              HAVE/DID they do the correct legal route, I sent letter 27th January 2009 to DG saying house on market may be in a position to to clear unsecured debts once sold (not yet since market drop will endevour to sell this year I hope to downsize) and that I await documents to continue paying the £50 a month which I was already paying - On the 5th February 2009 I receive from Northampton CC N1 that is only 8 days service with no prelimenaries???

If I had known then I would ask for proof of CCA etc, cannot find Default notice only a letter stating FINAL DEMAND dtd October 2008
                              Last edited by MIKE770; 8th January 2010, 17:08:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X