• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

had barclaycard with £350 limit, debt was sold on now owe ROBINSON WAY £2300 how ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• had barclaycard with £350 limit, debt was sold on now owe ROBINSON WAY £2300 how ?

i had a barclaycard at some point around 3-4 years ago, I guess i must have defaulted on it, I wasn't aware of this i dont remember getting any letters but its possible as I did move around a bit

but ive just been sent a letter from Robinson Way and they claim I owe them £2300 and change that this was the debt as sold on

how did my £350 limit grow to 2300??? I understand BC might slap a few nasty charges on there for going over and not paying for a while, and if Robinsons asked me for 750 I probably would have paid it by installments no questions asked not that I can really afford 750 but hey I suppose it's fair and I'm not trying to con anyone or scam my way out of debt but 2300 from a 350 card limit is absolutely ridiculous

i dont really know what to do and where to turn, any insight? i cant afford 2300
    Tags: None

Are they threatening you with court action? Was the letter you received a Letter Before Claim? Does it have a form to fill and return with check boxes etc?

At the moment, this could just be a fishing exercise.

With respect to the amount, if your limit was £350 and you'd defaulted, the charges should only go up to the point of default. So at best six months of late fees and accrued interest.

However, £350 seems like a very low amount on a BarclayCard.

Comment

Send a SAR to Barclaycard asking for everything including the agreement, copies of statements/full transaction lists, default notice etc.

Also send a CCA request to Hoist ( Robinson Way )

Then reply to their letter saying you do not recognise the amount of the debt, tell them you have sent a SAR to BC to obtain details and you have sent them a CCA request and would appreciate a full breakdown of the amount they state is owned.

Does anything show on your credit file ?

CCA Request
      Subject Access Request Letter
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by MasterCoder View Post
        Are they threatening you with court action? Was the letter you received a Letter Before Claim? Does it have a form to fill and return with check boxes etc?

At the moment, this could just be a fishing exercise.

With respect to the amount, if your limit was £350 and you'd defaulted, the charges should only go up to the point of default. So at best six months of late fees and accrued interest.

However, £350 seems like a very low amount on a BarclayCard.
        hi there - it was one of those "first card" barclaycards, i got it when my salary was 15k a year and I had no working history in the UK, so yea, it was either 250-350 limit on the card

thanks, I'll chase up on this with the recommendations! I called robinson way back and theyre saying they have not added any of their own fees or interest onto the debt so the full 2000+ has come from barclays

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X