• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • Please note that LegalBeagles is a public forum and the main areas are accessible to all, and as such, please take care your username or posts do not identify you. There is no need to post claim numbers, names or precise amounts to get support with your case. When uploading documents please ensure that you have properly redacted your personal details. Thank you.

Credit Reference Agencies

Collapse
Important !
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Reference Agencies

There are three main Credit Reference Agencies

Experian Ltd
    https://experian.co.uk
    You can access your Experian credit file updated monthly for free via MSE CREDIT CLUB ( https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/creditclub )

Equifax Plc
    https://equifax.co.uk
    (you can order your credit file on the internet)
    You can access your Equifax credit file updated monthly for free via CLEARSCORE ( https://www.clearscore.com/ )

TransUnion ( used to be CallCredit )
    https://www.callcredit.co.uk/
    You can access your TransUnion credit file updated weekly for free via NODDLE ( https://www.noddle.co.uk/ )

“We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com

Re: Credit Reference Agencies

Here's some Non 0870 Numbers for the above, if you want to cut the cost of your call:

Experian Ltd - 0115 901 6000 or 0800 656 9000

Equifax - 0800 783 9421

Callcredit PLC - 0113 244 1555

Need to check if these still work though

Comment

Worth bearing in mind that if you order your credit file to be sent through the post, it will cost you £2, if you access it on the internet, there will be a much higher or a monthly subscription charge.

Experian do a 1 month free trial for their credit report at www.creditexpert.co.uk or you can get a multi agency report at www.checkmyfile.com but again, you have to pay for this service.

Comment

Originally posted by iancognito View Post
        Worth bearing in mind that if you order your credit file to be sent through the post, it will cost you £2, if you access it on the internet, there will be a much higher or a monthly subscription charge.

Experian do a 1 month free trial for their credit report at www.creditexpert.co.uk or you can get a multi agency report at www.checkmyfile.com but again, you have to pay for this service.

....and can I just add, that if you go for the 1 month free subscription for your credit report at Free Credit Report, Credit Rating Check & Fraud Alerts from Experian Credit Expert
        please make sure you make a MENTAL NOTE, PHYSICAL NOTE, IN FACT ANY KIND OF NOTE, TO REMIND YOU TO CANCEL BEFORE THE MONTH IS UP.
        You will need to ring their free phone number to cancel. Have your reference number to hand.

It you forget to cancel, it becomes a very expensive way to obtain your report.

One other point, if you do forget to cancel and pay the £5.99 per month subscription. When you finally do cancel, please be aware, that if you log back in again within 12 months of canceling, your subscription will re-activate and you will again be charged £5.99 per month.

:okay:
        Last edited by Tools; 9th November 2009, 23:52:PM. Reason: broken link

Comment

I signed up to Free Credit Report now and every year - annualcreditreport

Thanks CurlyBen

Excellent site. Is free for the basics. £4.97 a year for in depths annual and £3.97 a month for monthly updates (which is cheaper than credit expert I think)

You can register by giving your addys etc and getting a security code sent to you by post a few days later.

Easy to understand too and everythings explained.

Example...
          “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com

Comment

FYI, Annualcreditreport is running by Callcredit.
            Have fun, I'm done..

Laterz

Comment

I think that as a credit reference agency could be Check That Company, you can get companies financial reports via the Internet or phone; they don’t have free trial as Experian do, but I did ordered a report for only £1.99 and found it very financially useful for my business.

Comment

Good afternoon all

It seems Credit Expert have upped their fees!!! £14.99 per month!!! They have included a new feature of insurance included in your viewing of your credit files with no way of declining the Identity Protection insurance option. No way could I justify this outfit receiving £29.98 per month for me and my other half to see whats on the reports!!!

Surely they cannot be allowed to do this??? I mean they are more or less saying you want to see even for only 30 days you will pay us £14.99 up front!! and if you dont cancel we will continue to charge you the same said amount!! ( As we are previous customers from history more than a year ago we last saw our reports, so we are not entitled to view for a knockdown price)

Between them and the finance industry I personally think they go hand in hand!!! They all rip you off in once sense or other!!!

It is no longer a case of how much money do you have?? It is how fast I can get it off you!!!!

The Government, The Local Councils, The Utilities Companies, The Finance Industry ( who I might add fix interest rates between themselves and charge what they like to the consumer and dont give a rats arse) The Food/Clothing Everything and everywhere has become MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!!! and NONE of it provides you with the service they have ripped you off with!!!!! They can get away with taking the shirt off your back and your eye balls from your sockets and still come back for the penny you hold in your hand and claim it is theirs and not yours!!! Rant Over!!

Comment

wouldn't a sar contain your credit score and all entries on your credit file for just £10 ?
                  Bought some tablets today to build my strength up .. cant get the bloody lid off.

Comment

No a SAR would not give your credit score. Each CRA has their own way of calculating a credit score. It depends which company has registered with which credit agency and they can be registered with more than one. My credit score with Experian is quite different than with Equifax. If what I have said is as clear as mud, well I think the way CRA's calculate a credit score is just as clear....

Comment

I personally believe that CRA agencies are as bent as the rest of them, IMO they set your credit score based on what they hold, some of years old!!! even if you wanted or applied for something from years back it will show you made some application or another and yet they are only supposed to hold information for 6 years and then delete it of..They dont update the records or removed something that is from way back!! WHY??? Cos they need you have as low as possible a score you cant qualify for the cheap credit cos they more than likely get some kick back or other from the finance industries to make things as near as damned hard as possible for the lower paid or less advantaged because they dont want you to succeed or get ideas above your station..Remember the well off get where they do taking shirts off your back and coming back for your eye balls....if they give you something on the cheap they dont make any money means they cant continue their luxury lifestyles they have become accustomed too!!! Governments wont act on these unscrupulous practices because they get kick backs in the way of taxes and investments ( more money for them claim on their expenses claims for their back pockets) we the poor will always be poor and will always be bound and gagged and made to subsidise the rich for their greed!!!!

Comment

Oh Ladidi you are more cynical than me - and that's saying something!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.

upgrade to vip

Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

only £15/yr

Offers available. No subscription traps.

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X