• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • A free service which provides vulnerable consumers the ability to record their personal circumstances at a given point in time when they are looking to protect themselves against further debt or related financial problems. This is done either by self-exclusion from credit and financial promotions or to slow down the credit application process.
    Vulnerable consumers can register for FREE


    Check if the Debt Collection Agency/Debt Purchaser contacting you is using the VRS register.


now merchant wants item back

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • now merchant wants item back

    Good morning

    I am looking for some advice about the matter below.
    I purchased a wardrobe which arrived damaged and when I had phoned the merchant to request a replacement or refund they had refused.
    I went through my credit card company and successfully received my money back.
    2 months later, I have been contacted by the company I purchased the wardrobe from who are now looking to collect the item.
    I am wondering where I stand. Do I have to comply and give them their item back considering how they refused to collect and replace it initially?

    Many thanks
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Hi and welcome
    You need to make it available for them to collect.
    This is at your reasonable convenience
    You do not have to send it, or pack it even if they send a large enough prepaid envelope!


    View our Terms and Conditions

    LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

    If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

    If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.




    Help and support with all issues related to finances. If you’d like information on sources of free, regulated, debt help and advice you can visit the Money Advice Service. It's an independent service, set up by the government to help people make the most of their money.
    See more
    See less

    Court Claim ?

    Guides and Letters

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm