• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SAR request help (Shop Direct)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAR request help (Shop Direct)

Hi guys,

Capquest keep sending me texts/emails with account numbers but no actual details, I suspect they're from shop direct account that I allowed to build interest on many years ago.
    I've no defaults on my reports but I want to find what accounts Capquest are talking about without contacting them.

Can I just sent shopdirect the generic SAR letter? I've no idea about account numbers so thought my name/addresses would suffice.

Shopdirect say to call them for the SAR but does anyone know the right address to send it too?

I'm hoping I can match up some of these details which will give me a clearer view going forward.

Thank you.
    Tags: None

It sounds like they are 'fishing', no doubt the debt is 'Statue Barred', if payments haven't been made during the last 6 years and no CCJ's has been made against you. But don't send them a SAR, there's no such thing as a 'generic SAR'.

You could send them a letter to stop them 'fishing', but you would need guidance on doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
      It sounds like they are 'fishing', no doubt the debt is 'Statue Barred', if payments haven't been made during the last 6 years and no CCJ's has been made against you. But don't send them a SAR, there's no such thing as a 'generic SAR'.

You could send them a letter to stop them 'fishing', but you would need guidance on doing that.
      Hi, thank you.

Did you mean a SAR to Capquest or Shop Direct? I wanted to obtain a SAR from shop direct to see if this account numbers links up.

The thing that worries me is that regardless of +6 years, they can still obtain a CCJ to old addresses as it's an automated process (so I read).

After I wanted to send Capquest a 'prove it' letter but as of now I assume they don't have my address hence the texts.

If Capquest did decide to start searching for me (or wanted to use an old address), I'm assuming I'd know right away with 'checkmyfile'? I have all my addresses linked up and I've not had any searches for a few years now, just soft searches from insurance/identity.

Comment

a) Did you mean a SAR to Capquest or Shop Direct?

To Shop Direct, for you to obtain all the data on the account, you will need to provide personal details, name, address etc.If they aren't sure you are who you say you are, they could ask for further identification.

b) I wanted to obtain a SAR from shop direct to see if this account numbers links up.

If you've never had other debts, there's a good chance that they are the same. But unless you are willing to do 'a', you can't find out.

c) The thing that worries me is that regardless of +6 years, they can still obtain a CCJ to old addresses as it's an automated process (so I read).

Have you received a court claim from from Shop Direct? It's not an automated process.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...credit-rating/

d) After I wanted to send Capquest a 'prove it' letter but as of now I assume they don't have my address hence the texts.

You can send them a email (without your address), telling them you consider their erroneous contact as 'harassment' if they don't stop, you will make complaints to the FCA and FOS.

Comment

a) Did you mean a SAR to Capquest or Shop Direct?

To Shop Direct, for you to obtain all the data on the account, you will need to provide personal details, name, address etc.If they aren't sure you are who you say you are, they could ask for further identification.

b) I wanted to obtain a SAR from shop direct to see if this account numbers links up.

If you've never had other debts, there's a good chance that they are the same. But unless you are willing to do 'a', you can't find out.

c) The thing that worries me is that regardless of +6 years, they can still obtain a CCJ to old addresses as it's an automated process (so I read).

Have you received a court claim from from Shop Direct? It's not an automated process.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...credit-rating/

d) After I wanted to send Capquest a 'prove it' letter but as of now I assume they don't have my address hence the texts.

You can send them a email (without your address), telling them you consider their erroneous contact as 'harassment' if they don't stop, you will make complaints to the FCA and FOS.
          Thanks for the clarification, I was a bit confused when you said about not sending a SAR. I don't mind giving personal details to Shop Direct (of course not to Capquest though!)

I've not received a court claim as Capquest have likely purchased the debt it seems a different story, I read that they use 'tactics' to obtain CCJ's and that the process isn't overseen by a Human and thus CCJ's can be obtained even past 6 years. (for example people have been receiving them 7/8/9 years down the line from some forum posts hoping they don't defend, which they can't as they don't know about it.

I'm assuming either way I'll be able to see from my reports if someone did want to take me to court (and didn't use my latest address)

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsloth View Post

Thanks for the clarification, I was a bit confused when you said about not sending a SAR. I don't mind giving personal details to Shop Direct (of course not to Capquest though!)

I've not received a court claim as Capquest have likely purchased the debt it seems a different story, I read that they use 'tactics' to obtain CCJ's and that the process isn't overseen by a Human and thus CCJ's can be obtained even past 6 years. (for example people have been receiving them 7/8/9 years down the line from some forum posts.

I'm assuming either way I'll be able to see from my reports if someone did want to take me to court (and didn't use my latest address)
            If you read the link provided, you can see it isn't an automated process, even if a CCJ is issued, it can be set aside. DCA's try all sorts of 'shenanigans' even when debts are 'unenforceable', they count on the debtor not having the 'requisite' knowledge.

Comment

If you read the link provided, you can see it isn't an automated process, even if a CCJ is issued, it can be set aside. DCA's try all sorts of 'shenanigans' even when debts are 'unenforceable', they count on the debtor not having the 'requisite' knowledge.
              Thank you (p.s couldn't see where it says about the actual process) I'm assuming any searches now will pop up on checkmyfile.

This tactic by Capquest seems very common, texting/emailing but no letters.

Comment

Statute Barred Letter only if advised by management to shop direct .

Comment

As stated previously it isn't an 'automated' process. Hopefully this puts your mind at ease. Capquest are just another DCA who try all sorts of 'nonsense'.

https://www.equifax.co.uk/resources/...udgements.html

Comment

As stated previously it isn't an 'automated' process. Hopefully this puts your mind at ease. Capquest are just another DCA who try all sorts of 'nonsense'.

https://www.equifax.co.uk/resources/...udgements.html
                    Understood. Thanks for the help everyone, cleared this issue up.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X