• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI offer from RBS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI offer from RBS

Hi
    I have been made an offer by RBS.this following up from an old offer they said they made in 2015..in the offer letter it says they will pay me but will deduct moneys I may owe them..
    Theres no mention of what these might be. Am I entitled to ask? Also if there old credit card debts I can't see them on my credit file.
    .does that mean I still owe them? I know what banks are like ..this letter feels that its more about them than me.I am sure its genuine and from RBS
    Any advise greatfully accepted
    Tags: None

I have posted something very similar first thing this morning but haven’t had any reply. Sounds like we’ve got similar letters come through from RBS. Just wondering now how to deal with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomw View Post
      Hi
      I have been made an offer by RBS.this following up from an old offer they said they made in 2015..in the offer letter it says they will pay me but will deduct moneys I may owe them..
      Theres no mention of what these might be. Am I entitled to ask? Also if there old credit card debts I can't see them on my credit file.
      .does that mean I still owe them? I know what banks are like ..this letter feels that its more about them than me.I am sure its genuine and from RBS
      Any advise greatfully accepted
      They can deduct outstanding arrears from a PPI payment, and usually do. They didn't often do this in the early days of PPI claims but soon latched onto the idea. If your payment is greater than the debt they will pay the balance to you.

The fact that your credit card debt does not show on your credit file does not mean you do not still owe the debt. Your credit file only shows your history over the last six years so debts older than this can (and do) still exist.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X