• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Halifax closing bank account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax closing bank account

Halifax recently decided to close my bank account of 5 years. They did not want to tell me the reason why however when I went into branch to withdraw the money I had left in the accounts I heard them use the phrase “suspect transactions” when they were on the phone to the fraud team. I have spoken to various family members and friends and I think this happened due to the reason I opened up another savings account, online they boast the fact that you can have up to 5 savings accounts. Shortly after I opened up my new savings account they said I could not have it and closed it down. 3 Days later I get a text message stating that both my current and savings account are going to be closed. Every transaction on my account is legit which I can provide proof for so I am sure it has nothing to do with that. I really think it is to do with the fact I opened up another savings account, though they stated that they carried out a thorough review of the account I still believe the opening of another savings account caused them to close my accounts. Since then I have applied for various other bank accounts and have been turned down as it is probably due to the closure of this account. I have checked my credit rating and have no bad credit in my name. I have also contacted CIFAS to see what information I have in my name, I am wondering if there is any way of me disputing this? Look forward to hearing your replies, any help would be much appreciated.
    Tags: None

I am in a similar position. Banks file an SAR to the NCA for suspicious transactions. And then they derisk those not so profitable clients by closing their accounts. Banks normally DO NOT reverse their decisons of closing accounts. So I don't think there is anything you can do.... they are able to do this legally speaking. just get your money back. I had also opened a savings account a day before they closed my account.*

Comment

money laundering suspect?

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
        money laundering suspect?
        Me? Yes probably. In my case, they blocked my account without notice. These money laundering laws are extremely unfair allowing banks to take draconian actions based on whims and suspicions!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X