• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Current Account Buffer - Overdraft Hell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Account Buffer - Overdraft Hell

Hi All,

Looking for advice for a compliant I'm going to raise with my Bank. Any consumer law or FCA reg advice that I can quote would be much appreciated.

Scenario as is follows:

I have a secondary current account with a high street bank, the account is not used however I've kept it around as I was advised by IFA not to close the account in close proximity to a soon to be made mortgage application.

The account has not had any transactions (inbound or outbound) for roughly 3 months or more and had a balance of £3 for an extended period of time.

Around 2 months ago a yearly subscription I have which I had forgotten even existed took amount of £7.99 from the account.

Unbeknown to myself at the time and until approx 1 month after when I received a letter saying I was in an un-authorised overdraft the bank had processed the transaction and had my account at a balance of £ - 4.99.

Upon receiving the letter I immediately payed the account into credit again and moved the subscription to my primary current account. I also phoned my bank and explained the situation and as a gesture of goodwill they agreed to refund the unauthorised overdraft fee that was to be charged.

Whilst all is good and well with the above they were unwilling to remove the arrears marker they put onto my credit file for the 1 month the account was overdrawn. Their response was that the account comes with a "buffer" facility which for convenience allows transactions of upto £20 to go through when there are not sufficient funds in place. When I informed them I had never heard of such a feature I went through several call centre handlers before someone could explain what it was and how it worked, when I questioned it they refereed me to their terms ands conditions and offered to send out a copy via post.

Can anyone provide guidance on how to complain about this matter officially to said bank, specifically any legislation or FCA rules that I can reference.

Cheers,
    Ross

Sorry but you went into overdraft bank refunded overdraft fee as goodwill and you want them to remove from credit score because you forgot you had subscription that would come out of the account with insufficient funds??!!Please read your question again no they should not remove it from your file otherwise we can all say we forgot did some shopping want refunds and oh didn't read terms and conditions so they shouldn't apply to me.You may not intend it but are making* a joke out of truly exploited and conned people.You should be grateful they refunded charges that were correctly applied and accept responsibility.Sorry harsh but very true

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X