• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Magistrates fine bailiffs threaten locksmith

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magistrates fine bailiffs threaten locksmith

I’ve had a marston bailiff come to my house saying if I don’t pay the magistrates court fine in full which is £900 Within 2days or they will get a locksmith and force entry into my house, I have begged the agent for a payment plan but he said it’s not possible.
    I haven’t got anything of great value in the home, if they enter and not take anything, what will happen next? I’ve been told I can be arrested because there’s no way I could pay that in full

Did you know about the original fine?

Comment

i sorted it, all i had to do was go to my local magistrates and arrange a payment plan, bailiffs make it seem like theres nothing you can do but pay them but really theres options*

Comment

ignore the 2 replies above. I assume you know why the fine was imposed? What did you agree re payment on the day? Why have you not stuck to this? Ring the court immediately! The court does not usually arrange plans like this - it is a separate branch you have to ring to sort problems re payment usually.

Comment

Thank you Jefa - that is the first time I have been accused of that particular offence! Your post has been reported though that may be a blow to anyone in SW7 who needs a locksmith . As for the OP whilst it is true that baliffs cannot force their way into your home we have no idea what the conviction was for. If you have a huge issue ask for a hearing at Mags court in the non payment of fines court. We often have people before us who are struggling to pay and can often work out a way forward. The most important thing is do not ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by Jefa

Troll
            you need to grow up!

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
              ignore the 2 replies above. I assume you know why the fine was imposed? What did you agree re payment on the day? Why have you not stuck to this? Ring the court immediately! The court does not usually arrange plans like this - it is a separate branch you have to ring to sort problems re payment usually.
              islandgirl The spammer has resurrected a 2 year old post. The OP actually sorted it - see post #3

Comment

Ah thank you so much - replied in a hurry and have now read the detail. Pleased to know it was sorted!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X