• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Follow up letter if no initial response to CCA request

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Follow up letter if no initial response to CCA request


    Is there a template letter/thread that can advise what i need to send and do if i do not receive a respone to a CCA request?

    Sent one several weeks ago to Capquest who are chasing an old CC debt and they have yet to reply.

    Many thanks
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Re: Follow up letter if no initial response to CCA request

    Hi, i have just read your post and thought i would also add that i sent off for CCA requests to Lowell Portfolio more than 5 weeks ago now, and as yet i have had no reply, not even an acknowledgement that they have received them.
    I will also add that i have no intention of reminding them, as i dont think that it's my responsibility to do that. I have kept all my receipts of proof of sending and their receiving of these documents (Royal Mail Recorded).
    I am not sure of the actual law regarding time limits for reply to such requests other than the 12days +2.


    • #3
      Re: Follow up letter if no initial response to CCA request

      They lose the right to enforce the debt after 12+2 days unless they produce the paperwork. Other than statute of limitations there's no other time limits for them to produce the documents, so if you have stopped paying its a matter of keeping fingers crossed for 6 years OR use their lack of compliance to negotiate a full and final settlement of the debt.

      It really depends why you sent the CCA request - if it was so you can check the terms and that the paperwork is compliant so you can make a decision on how to act with the debt then chase them. If the paperwork isn't compliant, prescribed terms wise, then you might decide not to repay the debt in the knowledge they could not enforce through the courts. That might lead to a lot of hassle and passing around different DCA's, reporting to credit reference agencies , and your having to defend court action further along or it might lead to them just forgetting about it. If they just haven't sent anything then it's a lot more of a finger crossing exercise as depending when the inception of the account was they could just pop up in a few months/years with a reconstructed copy of your agreement and try to enforce the debt through court etc. Absolutely depends on your circumstances what you do now.

      Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

      Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps


      • #4
        Hi l received a letter at the beginning off last out of the blue over a year ago from Northampton Court / Reston Solicitors and Arrow, l denied amount to The Court on the form and sent CCA forms to Restons and Arrow. ArRestons kept sending letters back at forth, Eventually they forwarded my request for original documentation to Arrow; Arrow have acknowledged my request but keep sending me letters saying..we write with reference to previous correspondence and confirm we still await receipt of copy documentation from originating creditor. We acknowledge receipt of your request and wish to assure you that this has not been overlooked . The account will continue to be placed on hold pending the documents. I have received 4 of these letters. Then on the 20 Feb 2018 l received a letter from capquest stating l owe an amount , offering 30% of each payment l make, but nothing regarding what the debt is for. I will send them a CCA requesting original documents... I borrowed from HSBC in 2008, never missed a payment. Due to divorce l couldn’t work and contacted HSBC , l had PIP and this covered the amount owed.. l thought this debt was over 2009. 2017 was the first l heard of this and receiving these letters lm shocked and scared. I have no original documents myself or proof. Any advice please


        • #5
          PPI l mean... Received a reply today again saying we will put this on hold until original documents are received..


          View our Terms and Conditions

          LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

          If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

          If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.