• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bedroom Furniture

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedroom Furniture

Hi hopefully someone can advise. I paid for some fitted bedroom furniture costing £18k. From day 1 there have been issues but I have allowed the company to attempt to correct these mistakes and poor quality 6 times now and some 6 months later they are still not right with doors warping and not square meaning they don’t fit correctly. I spoke to the area manager and he lied to me stating the company do not offer financial compensation for defective products but the contract says different. I paid via American Express and provided them with all of my evidence and they agreed and applied a chargeback. Now the company are taking legal action to obtain the money for the furniture but it’s still wrong and I have completely list faith in them having already given them 6 attempts to rectify the issues. All doors x 10 have already been replaced twice and are warping yet again. Basically the product is poor quality and not fit for purpose and I am not prepared for yet another visit and yet more failed attempts to rectify. any advise would be much appreciated*

Tags: None

Have they yet initiated court action?
    If so can you post up their Particulars of Claim?

Comment

Not yet no they have simply sent me a reply form asking whether I agree I owe the money or not and for me defence within 30 days or they will begin legal action

Comment

This has been sent by their solicitors*

Comment

Can you post up the form please?

Comment

Do you mean the reply form they have sent requesting I should reply in 30 days or they will take legal action. Also states they intend to charge interest each day beginning from the date of their letter. Thinking about this I don’t think I am legally obliged to actually respond at at in their time limits. They are equally stating I must supply my financial status. I am not doing these things until requested to do so by a court*

Comment

Ok, but if the form is in accordance with the preaction protocol for a debt claim, you are better advised to complete the response form.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...s/debt-pap.pdf

Comment

Ok but I pressume I don’t have to give my financial status or all of my evidence just why I don’t feel I should pay. Product simply not fit for purpose doors that don’t shut properly or misaligned warped etc after 6 attempts to get it right. I can’t keep giving them opportunities to correct it could go on for ever plus they have lied re financial compensation*

Comment

Correct, and when you receive their claim form make a counterclaim

Comment

Before any exam, it’s very important to get a good night's sleep! If you are having trouble, then there are a huge number of different reasons for this, and one of them is the uncomfortable bed head. I myself could not sleep well because of this. If you want to fix the problem with your bed head, then you better dig this
                    Here you will definitely find something that will help you!

Comment

Originally posted by Lokibakb12 View Post
                      Before any exam, it’s very important to get a good night's sleep! If you are having trouble, then there are a huge number of different reasons for this, and one of them is the uncomfortable bed head. I myself could not sleep well because of this. If you want to fix the problem with your bed head, then you better dig this
                      Here you will definitely find something that will help you!
                      What on earth are you posting this on here for??

Idiot.

Comment

Express and provided them with all of my evidence and they agreed and applied a chargeback. Now the company are taking legal action to obtain the money for the furniture but it’s still wrong and I have completely list faith in them having already given them 6 attempts to rectify the issues. All doors x 10 have already been replaced twice and are warping yet again.

Comment

There is a very good chance of winning at court.

Comment

To advise, we are now on the 6th rebuild of all cupboard doors.

I am not sure how long to put up with this it can't carry on.

Each time they fit new doors they introduce another problem and the doors keep warping.

What can I do it is taking so much of my own time with over 12 separate visits now.

Comment

What do you see as a settlement as they apparently aren't capable of putting things right?
                              Removal & refund?
                              If you haven't yet paid (you did do a chargeback) removal & compensation ?

Under Consumer Rights act 2015 you have a number of available remedies

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X