• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Agent (MYtrip) cancelled flights to Japan but did not cancel return flights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agent (MYtrip) cancelled flights to Japan but did not cancel return flights

Hi everyone,

In October 2020 I received notification from Mytrip that they had cancelled outgoing flights to Japan from Manchester.

(on hindsight I did not realise they had not cancelled the Japan to Manchester flights return flights)

The flights where booked for December 2020
    We booked the flights before the COVID crisis.

On the initial email they said they would refund us in full.
    However we have not received any communication from Mytrip about out refund and have now asked the Credit Card company to help.

The Credit Card company have recently told us that Mytrip will refund us 100% of the cancellation however it is only for the Manchester to Japan flights.
    They are disputing paying us for the Japan to Manchester flights because flights out of Japan where still operating.

How where we supposed to fly home from Japan or even book flights to Japan if they where not accepting tourists, especially from the UK

Can anyone advise please where we stand ?

Many thank in advance

Tags: None

Was this booked as a 'return flight' i.e. UK>Japan>UK as one contract of carriage.?
    Who was the carrier?

Comment

Originally posted by efpom View Post
      Was this booked as a 'return flight' i.e. UK>Japan>UK as one contract of carriage.?
      Who was the carrier?
      Thanks for replying EFPOM

Hi yes it was booked as a 'return flight' The carrier was Nippon Airways

Comment

The entire contract of carriage was cancelled by the carrier, not least because

(D) Flight Coupon Sequence of Use

(1) ANA will honour Flight Coupons only in sequence from the place of departure indicated in the Ticket.

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/gb/siteinfo...s-of-carriage/

Comment

Also EC261 may be in play - compensation for cancelled flight. How many days before departure was the flight cancelled?

Comment

Was it flights only, or did you book e.g. hotel?

Comment

Was it flights only, or did you book e.g. hotel?
              1. Hi EFPOM, many thanks for replying.

We had only booked flights and no hotel.

2. The entire contract of carriage was cancelled by the carrier, not least because

(D) Flight Coupon Sequence of Use

(1) ANA will honour Flight Coupons only in sequence from the place of departure indicated in the Ticket.

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/gb/siteinfo...s-of-carriage/

May I just clarify what you have told me that because we booked return flights with Mytrip/Nippon we should be refunded for both outgoing and incoming flights. Not just outgoing?

Thank you for your time it is much appreciated.

Comment

Your penultimate paragraph question - answer "Yes"

Your Credit card company is jointly liable- Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

The credit card company is jointly and severally liable for any breach of contract or misrepresentation by the retailer or trader.

You may wish to contact ANA directly -https://www.airlinescontact.com/ana-all-nippon-airways-uk/

Comment

Your penultimate paragraph question - answer "Yes"

Your Credit card company is jointly liable- Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

The credit card company is jointly and severally liable for any breach of contract or misrepresentation by the retailer or trader.

You may wish to contact ANA directly -https://www.airlinescontact.com/ana-all-nippon-airways-uk/

Many thanks for all your help and the information you have provided EFPOM I will let you know how I get on.
                  Have a fabulous day!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X