• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

COVID-19 Redundancy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COVID-19 Redundancy

Hi All,

Asking for my friends, she is 4 months pregnant and has been in her job for less than 2 years. She has just been made redundant via email today.

The email is from the CEO stating that they have been in contact with advisers, banks, shareholdersetc and are entering administration as even with the support offered by the government they would still be unable to support the business operations and would not be able to pay back large loans etc and so have decided to appoint a liquidator to conduct a members voluntary wind up.

The company provided training and apprenticeships etc.

Questions are:

- What should her next steps be? universal credit? looking for another job knowing she is pregnant and companies will struggle to hire her?

- Does she have any entitlement with her being pregnant? she has been there less than 2 years so wont get a lot, if anything.

- Is it best she just accepts what has been handed to her and move on with next steps above?

The company has confirmed to ensure the staff are paid until end of March, paid the notice period and unused holiday as well as government redundancy pay.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

Bump

Comment

Bump*

Comment

Hi - moved your thread to Employment law forum. Ula will be about tomorrow and no doubt will pick this up. Thanks X
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi, I am so sorry to hear about your friend's situation. Since this is now about closing the business down under a member voluntary wind-up I am assuming that all the staff are being made redundant. Unfortunately in this case there is very little that your friend can do and since she has less than 2 years service there will be no entitlement to any redundancy pay. The company have agreed payment to the end of March, notice and payment for accrued but untaken holiday which is what she would be entitled to.

Was 31st March the last day she
          worked for them?

I am sorry to say that it will be a case of her having to move on which I know, given the situation with COVID19, may not be easy. She might be eligible for Job Seekers Allowance which may also give her access to finding out if she is eligible for other benefits. The link is below:

https://www.gov.uk/jobseekers-allowance*

If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
          If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Ula*Hi, thank you very much for your reply. It’s exactly what I thought as well given the current circumstances. Will pass the message on anyhow. Thanks again*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X