• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

52M Failing to comply with a prohibition on certain types of vehicles(Motor Vehicles)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52M Failing to comply with a prohibition on certain types of vehicles(Motor Vehicles)

Hi Just wondering if anyone can help me to challenge the PCN & avoid paying the penalty.*

I have received a PCN dated 20th of January for a journey made on 12th of January location being "Browning Rd E12" at East London. The contravention is*52M Failing to comply with a prohibition on certain types of vehicles(Motor Vehicles)
    After watching movie at Ilford I drove to EastHam following the route map which has been suggested by Google maps in my mobile.Surprisingly after 8 days I have received a PCN. I have managed to check the pictures and the video. On the video I have noticed that there is a sign board stating: Except Buses, Taxis and Permit holders A1. However there was no prior displays stating the said condition. I drove as per the directions given by Google Maps.

Could any one kindly suggest how do I avoid paying the PCN. Any reply will be highly appreciated.
    Regards
    J A
    Tags: None

If you are guilty of the contravention and there is photographic evidence of it how do you expect to get out of it.

Comment

Many thanks for your quick reply*PLODDERTOM.*However I have driven as per the directions suggested by Google Maps and there was no prior warning. All I wanted to know is if there is a way to challenge the PCN and how do I avoid paying the fine.* Any reply in this regard will be highly appreciated.
      Regards
      J A

Comment

Many thanks for your quick reply @PLODDERTOM.*However I have driven as per the directions suggested by Google Maps and there was no prior warning. All I wanted to know is if there is a way to challenge the PCN and how do I avoid paying the fine. Any reply in this regard will be highly appreciated.
        Regards
        J A

Comment

Google maps telling you to go where prohibited no defence sorry to say

Comment

I looked at Streetview which shows the following:

1 - a sign showing no through road except for different classes of vehicle before you got to the restriction
            2 - at the beginning of the restriction is another sign saying similar
            3 - the road itself is also marked

If you are going to insist on your present course then I would also suggest you could be guilty of driving without due care and attention. By all means appeal but probably far better to settle at the reduced rate now - if you ignore and it goes to enforcement then you could be looking at £500+ plus the Bailiff will have the reg no of your car to make it easy to remove if necessary.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X