• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Drink driving

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drink driving

Hi

Not sure where to ask this.

I was breathalysed for drink driving and came on just over the limit. Several hours later, they took a blood sample for further testing. Between the two tests I was not allowed to drink water.

The nurse taking the blood agreed that not drinking water for so long could artificially increase the alcohol concentration in my blood.

Should I have been allowed some water?

Thanks in advance, PJ.
    Tags: None

Interesting - drinking water before a blood test is medically recommended, so as to make the extraction of blood easier and less painful.

Comment

I was allowed to drink immediately after the blood test, which raised suspicion that the police knew what they were doing...

Comment

I suggest that you take steps to identify the nurse.

Comment

I suggest you approach the Pepipoo forum..they are the experts on this sort of thing http://forums.pepipoo.com/

I think the rules require the blood to be taken by a forensic physician, or if not available, by a doctor (not a nurse!)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X