• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays partner finance VT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays partner finance VT

Hi All,

I have read a lot of posts on this forum and I have to say they were very helpful. At this point I want to send a VT letter as in topic and I would appreciate any advice. If I should post more details just let me know. Thanks in advance.

Dear Sir / Madam,

TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT PURSUANT TO S.99
    OF THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

Agreement number: 123456789

I am writing to notify you that I wish to invoke my statutory right under section 99 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and hereby give you notice that the agreement is terminated effective from the date of 01/02/2019 (Second February 2019). As spoken through phone with a member of your staff I will be delivering the car to Manheim auction in Mansfield, address:
    Fulwood Industrial Estate
    Common Road
    Huthwaite
    NG17 6AD
    Please confirm by return acknowledgement of this letter and to make arrangements for delivery of the vehicle.

The condition of the car is noted as being in a reasonable condition for its age and photographic evidence has been taken in the event of any future dispute as to the condition of the vehicle.

You will be aware that the Consumer Credit Act limits my liability to half of the total amount payable under the agreement but excludes any sum payable as a penalty, compensation or damages for a breach of the terms of the agreement. Such terms imposed are inconsistent with my rights under the Act and are therefore deemed void and unenforceable.

The vehicle will be delivered on mentioned above date and to mentioned above place.

Kind regards,

xyz
    Tags: None

01/02/2019 (Second February 2019)
    I would suggest you type this out long form i.e. 2 February 2019.

There is an updated version of the VT notice which you can find by clicking here and can be found on the first link. If you want to use that letter, then I can't see anything wrong with it.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for your help Rob, if you don't mind I would just want to ask about the date. I was told over the phone to put this date as if I would request an earlier date it would make them problems to sort out the drop off location ( I was told they need some time to arrange with manheim in regards to vehicle drop off). On the other hand I want to have this all done and sorted on 2nd Feb at the latest. Could it be that they may prolong the process and then I should write the letter with immediate effect and still it will take up to 2nd Feb to process it all?

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X