• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Jps financial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jps financial

I have not replied to JPS financial after realising there huge fees.. And now they are emailing me to pay an admin charge of £190 for 2hrs work unless I sign as follows......

Under our contract, we have the right to charge a fee for work done in cases where you have not provided the required documentation for us to progress a case on your behalf. We are permitted to charge a fee of £95.00 per hour. To date, our time costs spent on this matter amount to 2 hours. As such, our fee is £190.00 but, in such circumstances, we would limit the amount to £150.00 as a gesture of goodwill.

However, we can assure you that we really do not want to charge you this. As such, we are willing to forego this fee on the understanding that we receive your signed LOA in the next 7 days. Accordingly, please sign and return the LOA in the pre-paid envelope we originally provided to you..

Is this legal it's bribery ?

Kind Regards
    Rebecca
    Tags: None

They're under investigation

https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/...ddate=99991231

When did you first sign up with JPS ? Guessing before July this year ( ie before the cap came in )
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi - did anybody get any further with this? I realised that I didn't have PPI after all so never completed the LOA from JPS and they now want £190 from me too.....???

Thanks
      S

Comment

Did you sign anything with them at all ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I have had paperwork through from them too but after researching them online, decided not to continue with the PPI claim. I’m now worried I may ask be charged ‘admin’ fees as I was outside their 14 day window by two days are they legally allowed to charge you if you don’t sign up to their contract?

Comment

Was this a no win no fee under sections 5-7 of the consumer protections for unfair trading regulations which they have not gone off seems a bit dodgy check if you had ppi by writing to your bank were they a claims management firm?

Comment

Are they regulated by the FCA financial conduct authority check the register.

Comment

Hi I'm having the same issue with Jps. Does anyone know the situation with them threatening a bill of 400. They emailed me and said they have the letter of authority signed by me. I cant remember doing it. I've now received a letter of authority to sign.

Comment

Has anyone had an update about this? I'm in the same position, receiving emails from jps financial threatening me with admin fees unless I return a letter of authorisation.

Comment

Have you spoken to the financial ombudsman service regarding this.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X