• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Police misconduct and negligence urgent help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes that’s true, I’m just frightened he will retaliate after the trial. Yes I’m hoping to get this all over with so I can move on but it will take time to start feeling safe enough to go out. Next will be dealing with the complaint against police not following procedures and protocols. I’d hate for this to happen to anyone else and I hope this will prevent him from doing this to someone else. Thank you for your support and I’ll let you know the outcome. I’m praying the magistrates sees the seriousness of these offences so it can be dealt with fairly. Take care, stay safe and I’ll be back to state the outcome

Comment

Hi all,

just a quick update…I contacted CPS who changed harassment charge to stalking 2a even though there’s cctv with threats of violence. I’m disappointed they didn’t charge with 4a because of the seriousness of the offences.

he was found guilty and have to wait a few weeks for sentencing.

thanks everyone for your help, if anyone has any info on appeals as a victim I’d appreciate some advice

Take care

Comment

UPDATE:

The defendant was found guilty and recieved the maximum sentence in the magistrates which is 6 months. The magistrates were amazing. It was upto CPS to change the charge to 4a which evidence proved but they ignored emails from myself and the witness care unit. I’m in total disbelief of today, one way it’s the end of the fight for the correct justice but another way is that he’s not going to be around here for at least 6 months. Maybe it will sink in tomorrow but right now I don’t know exactly how I’m feeling. All I know is that the magistrates did their job to their best ability and that the volunteers there are amazing people. I’m still going to put forward my concerns to the mp about police accountability and the lack of contact that victims can get from the cps if the police aren’t investigating as they should. Thanks for everyone’s help, it’s great to know there are decent people out there, maybe we will chat again if I have any updates or maybe you will hear about the lack of victims being heard in the papers with my case as an example. Take care

Comment

Thank you for the update and I am glad the sentencing went well. Did you also get a restraining order? We magistrates do listen and do our best to see justice done within the system we have to work under. Look after yourself and please do come back with further updates.

Comment

The restraining order was very vague, the cps decided to ask me during the trial about my views but magistrates said it wasn’t appropriate during the trial. Cps should’ve taken my views before the trial, she could’ve even changed the charge to stalking 4a but didn’t, and all the witnesses were disappointed with her attitude.
            We got the best out of the current situation, I am amazed with the compassion from the magistrates only because I’ve not received that from the previous authorities. I think if the magistrates that attended that day were able to charge a longer sentence then they wouldn’t have hesitated. Obviously I don’t expect any changes and with all due respect to the magistrates, I will be looking into a retrial because of the lack of decent case management by the police and cps. The legal advisor at the court advised me that it would only be down to the cps for a change in charge and conviction.
            I’m so glad I’ve come across people with morals during this process as I was giving up hope during the early stages. I appreciate the time from users on here and the magistrates, if only the investigational procedure was completed according to the standards then it would be perfect. I’m fed up of having to moan about professionals , it’s such a shame victims voices aren’t heard by the appropriate authorities. The law needs to change. I’ll update with anything I achieve, many thanks for your time

Comment

Pls paragraph entries

Comment

I am glad at least some things went well for you. I hope the restraining order works but any breaches and report immediately - the person will be arrested and hauled before the court who take a very dim view of this. Good luck.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X