• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dubai Debt Enforced in UK Court?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dubai Debt Enforced in UK Court?

I would suggest writing t CWD asking for their basis of the claim and making a request for disclosure for a copy of the certified judgment that was made in UAE as proof that they are entitled to enforce.

Alternatively, they may be making a claim which is not based on a foreign judgment but as normal claim.

without knowing whether this is enforcement of a judgment its difficult to provide any further information.

If it is enforcement of a foreign judgment you could argue as a defence that by receiving no communications at all and the fact you were out of the country at the time proceedings were supposed to have taken place, there is a breach of natural justice in that you had no right to a fair trial and/or present your arguments as a defence to the claim.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

R0b,

Thank you, I am being served the petition later today and I have checked with the Court and it is a registered claim. May I email you a copy when I receive it later? No UAE judgement has been awarded as far as I know and I have asked several times, no response.

Comment

If you email it to me I'll pass it on to Rob ( blank out your personal info ) ( admin@legalbeagles.info )

The bankruptcy petition is directly off the back of the statutory demand. They've avoided having to justify their claim in court by using the SD route, so you will need to defend the petition instead now.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

USA Company Cheated by Abu Dhabi (UAE) Based Company

We want to share this story to spread the awareness and warm those people who are currently doing any business in UAE or making efforts to start a new business/company in UAE.

Before anyone start doing any business with any of the company in UAE, they should read our experience of doing business with a UAE company. We are currently facing many issues and challenges to recover our money and business even after having the legal documentation, contract and various proof to support our claim.

Even after having the legal agreement, they gainfully employed our employees who are on different assignment on UAE, taken over our proprietary software, and still making unauthorized use of our intellectual property.

We, are a USA based C-type Corporation, registered since 2004 in the USA, and paying taxes and contributing to the growth of the country. We are in the healthcare sphere where we provide health care audits, revenue collection management, coding, transcription, and information systems related services to the healthcare industry.

On 14/05/2010, we entered into a channel partner agreement with M/s United American Medical Supplies (UMED) with principal business operations at M03, Mezzanine Floor, Jet Air Cargo Building, Khalidiya Street, Abu Dhabi Landmark: Behind Choithram Supermarket Zip Code: 7020 City of Abu Dhabi, UAE United Arab Emirates.

Mr. Matar Moh’d Ali Obaid Al Mheiri (Chairman & Director) of United American Medical Supplies (UMED), Abu Dhabi cheated with our company and made default and fraud in the financial transaction between two companies. He further breached the channel partner agreement and gainfully employed many of our employees deputed to UAE on various work assignments. He is also the Owner and Chairman of “Golden Standards Recruitment Services Abu Dhabi”, (UAE) and currently supplying manpower to various government and non-governments projects.

From time to time, we deputed its several employees to M/s UMED working place to rendered M/s UMED services owing to the Channel Partner Agreement and for the conclusion of the work assigned to them. The employees and M/s UMED were legally bound to adhere the channel partner agreement and cannot violate any terms and conditions set forth in the agreement which was signed by both parties.

Many of our employees resigned from the employment from our company, and immediately joined M/s UMED. As per contract, any employee of we can’t join any of the clients or partners, also M/s UMED can’t hire them for a period of two years immediately following the end of employment term with us. Many employees still gainfully working with M/s UMED. The incident of gainfully hiring our employees has caused a great financial loss and mental agony to us.

M/s UMED didn’t stop at this point and gained the access to our company intellectual property through gainfully employing our employees. M/s UMED made unauthorized use of our intellectual property on various occasions and still keep on following the same practice. For the reason of such omission and commission, we suffered extreme financial losses which M/s UMED are liable to repay to us.

M/s UMED made several payment defaults and started controlling over the gain of the business that we are deriving from customers based in UAE. We were cheated by Mr. Matar Moh’d Ali Obaid Al Mheiri (Chairman & Director) of United American Medical Supplies (UMED), Abu Dhabi on payment defaults and control over the business gain for AED 3.31 Million in Abu Dhabi, UAE.

After making the multiple commitment on various dates to transfer the money, UMED did not transfer the money until date. Now, they are not answering our calls, emails and any request to transfer the money. In terribly clear words, UMED cheated our company and currently don’t have any intention to transfer money or to repay us for the financial losses.

We can offer all documentation, agreement, client testimony, records of the amount paid on various occasions for the visa, travelling, loading & boarding, local transportation for our company and UMED employees. We are able to additionally offer the evidence of amount transfer to our company by UMED in the past years.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X