• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Application for Adverse Possession of Registered Land

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Application for Adverse Possession of Registered Land

    Hi all...

    Looking for as much advise as possible in regards to weather its possible to make an application for adverse possession of registered land regarding the situation I find my self in?

    A quick recap on previous my previous post -

    I built a house on my late fathers estate in 2002 on unregistered land (21+ years ago) I built on the land in with the understanding from my late father that it would sign the plot of land over to me?

    Long story short he failed to do this before his death in 2018..

    After his death my mother appointed herself administrator of the Estate as my late father died intestate, which I never knew? (she lead me to believe he had a will)

    I have employed the services of a solicitor, however she has all but refused to negotiate with us what so ever and in most occasions just ignores our letters..

    In the last letter from my solicitors we asked that the Estate is NOT distributed without either agreement from all party's or court order, however in true style she has ignored this and instead proceeded to registered the entire 1.6 million pound estate into her personal name, including my house and the surrounding land!

    Now I would love nothing more than to employ top solicitors, fraud solicitors etc but have little money and my assets have been pulled into the estate by my mother (administrator) so I cannot borrow money either?

    To save on costs my simple question is can I go to land registry with form ADV.1 to make an application to the Land Registry for adverse possession of registered land?

    It was only registered last month by my mother who had no rights to do so..!

    I have occupied the land for all but 22 years now building a house on it in 2002, paying all utility's and council tax since, I have maintained the land erected fences/boundary's etc, etc.

    Any help/advise would be great!

    Tags: None

  • #2
    Something for you to read: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...egistered-land
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now in academia. I do not advise by private message.

    Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf


    • #3


      View our Terms and Conditions

      LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

      If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

      If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.