• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Siblings Left out of Will

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siblings Left out of Will

Wonder if anyone can help me with my query.

My friend's mother recently died. She had 3 siblings including my friend.
    Two of the sibling sisters lived a long way away and only saw their mum occasionally.
    My friend lived in the same town and saw her mother regularly including doing her shopping every week and taking her to GP / Hospital appointments.
    In fact, at the hospital, and at the GP, my friend was listed as the point of contact for her mother.

After her death, my friend made all the arrangments for her funeral while her two sisters just turned up on the day of the funeral.
    My friend looked after her mother's property during probate, paying bills, etc.

After her death, it was found out that her mother had left everything to her sisters and nothing to her.

Is it possible that my friend could make a challenge to the will?
    Tags: None

I can't answer directly, but here's an article (posted for article) -

https://anthonygold.co.uk/latest/blo...es-for-carers/

https://anthonygold.co.uk/latest/blog/obtaining-a-legacy-where-there-is-no-will-or-if-you-have-been-left-out-of-a-will/

Comment

Yes, she can using her rights under the Inheritance (provision for family and dependants) Act 1975.
      She has six months from date of death to lodge a claim, but would better negotiating with her siblings to vary the will, as that is cheaper, less stressful and less damaging for familial relationships!

Comment

The Will can be changed with a Deed of Variation” however the other 2 siblings will need to agree to it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X