• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sharing of estate problems , advice appreciated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing of estate problems , advice appreciated

Upon my father's death in November 2015 my sibling and I made the decision to divide the main asset , our family home by me taking her house as part exchange for my Father's house so i could achieve a rental income . Only one valuation was obtained for my father's house which in my opinion was very much undervalued @ £160,000. I since had a survey on my sibling's property over concern on unusual cracks and it revealed unrepairable historic subsidence , with this report i backed out of our verbal agreement and the property sold in 2020 for £60,000 . My Father's house has been valued this year to the sum of £275,000 ( £115,000 increase in 5 years thus proving it was undervalued ) . I am now attempting to rectify this situation but my sibling now expects a contribution to half of the improvements made by her to my Father's house to the sum of £22,000 , she has lived there for 5 years and will continue doing so and these have been mostly cosmetic and unnecessary improvements and she is also sticking to one valuation again , I would very much appreciate peoples comments here as I have now lost a rental income and need the finances to buy another property in this ever increasing property market, also this situation was never put in writing
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X