• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Life insurance claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life insurance claim

My partner died in 2017 from alcohol intoxication. He had a policy with Scottish widdows which I was the only benificiary. I havent dealt with it yet as I dont rate my chances of success and I havent been in the right mindset anyhow. I feel now is the time to wrap it up once and for all. They want his medical records. We were never married and his blood family have cut all ties with me and wanted nothing to do with him when He was alive. Anyway, Scottish widdows are now asking for a grants of representation which is something new and I dont understand. There was no will or estate. Only this policy and his work insurance which was Split 50/50 between his mum and I. Could someone tell me why they are now asking for this and if I am able to get it at all? Thanks
    Tags: None

On the death the life policy forms part of the estate, unless it was written in trust and the insurance company notified of the trust.
    The person who must normally make the claim against the insurance company is the executor of the estate, even if it is only to release the policy.
    Who is the executor, and what evidence do you have that you are to receieve the proceeds of the policy?

Comment

dslippy This appears to be a 2 year old post that has been resurrected by someone posting a spam link.

Comment

Ahem. Sorry

Comment

I am the op. The life insured passed away 5 years ago. As his biological family whom he was estranged from refuse to give sw access to his medical records because I am the sole beneficiary they have now informed me that they are closing the case and will not be paying out. They have offered to pay me all of his premium payments As an act of goodwill whixh amount to just over 3k. This is obviously alot less than the policy amount of 30k but better than nothing at all. They do state however that ahould I accept This offered I will never be able to claim the full policy even if circumstances change. So basically im askimg ahould I accept or wait for something that probably will never materialise?

Comment

Only you can answer the question whether you sould accept something or gamble on the chance (that you consider small) that you may be able to get more.

NB that given the passage of time, limitation of actions may arise.
            Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now in academia. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by badolkhan
              I’m sorry about your loss.
              I’ve recently lost my husband too. We’ve never been officially married coz he couldn’t finalize his divorce. His ex-wife abrupted all connections with us.
              Now, I’m also going through this procedure with Scottish widows. They ask me for a bunch of papers, and I don’t have anything. I wonder what the legal way to get my husband’s medical records after he passed away from an unexpected heart attack is?
              I looked through his computer and found this pinned link But I don’t know where I can get some info from them.
              Sorry for your loss. Are you the Executor?

Comment

no, a spammer for the Finity Group. But if she wants, she can contact them using the link on the website she is promoting - it really was not hard to find.
                Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now in academia. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X