• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Adult siblings holding estate in 'absolute trust' for themselves?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adult siblings holding estate in 'absolute trust' for themselves?

My father has shown me his Will in which it says he is leaving his estate to myself and my sister, but I'm not convinced his Will makes that clear.

In his Will, he also appoints my sister and me as executors and trustees. So we're sole executors, trustees and beneficiaries.

We are both in our 50's; i.e. not children.

His Will states: "I GIVE all the residue of my estate and any property over which I have at my death any general power of appointment to my Trustees to hold upon the trusts and with and subject to the powers and provisions contained in this Will (and such estate and property and the property which currently represents it is referred to in this Will as 'the Trust Fund')"

I see no powers and provisions contained in the Will.

And "MY TRUSTEES shall hold the Trust Fund ON TRUST absolutely for such of my children the said *** and *** living at my death and if more than one in equal shares".

Does this mean that my sister and I just get the equal shares to do with as we like (which we understood was my father's intention), or does it mean something completely different?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X