• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pre-action costs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Further correspondence from the solicitor today with the letter from the probate registry attached, the registry say while they can't stop more and more people entering caveats it would be an option to have the will proven in solemn form at a cost Of £7000 - £10,000 + vat
    this is if all caveators are party to that action? What??? So the lying cheating so & so's still have a say in it even though the probate registry know that that is exactly what they are and that they are the reason for this?
    I am the sole beneficiary for gods sake, what sort of a system do they run.

Comment

I really feel for you Hagalout as I cannot believe how the Probate system works and I am in a similar position.

Last edited by twohoots; 17th October 2021, 16:07:PM. Reason: Too much information

Comment

I actually went to see the fella who's name the latest caveat is in, and he seemed a decent bloke and knew nothing about it, he took details and said he would be contacting the solicitor and probate office first thing today. So the Probate will then know what is going on and there cannot be much doubt about who is behind it but they will do nothing about it and then just let another caveat be entered in a another name in a few weeks.
        Fraud doesn't seem to concern them I'm afraid.

Comment

Hagalout why not initially deal this new caveator yourself?
          You can write asking for the reason or requesting its lifting
          If unsatisfactory response received warn him you will issue a warning if caveat not removed
          If no response received issue the warning

There is no fee charged by Registry for issuing a warning

Let your solicitor know you intend to take these preliminary steps yourself to save costs and he probably won't raise any objections

Comment

Thanks Des, as stated above I actually went to see him(the latest caveator) yesterday and he seemed genuinely shocked and took details from me so that he could contact my solicitor and also the probate office today. My solicitor has already prepared a warning document and it may have already Been sent to probate to be sealed. But it if it goes on like this it seems never ending, they need to deal with the man who is responsible but they seem reluctant to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hagalout View Post
              Thanks Des, as stated above I actually went to see him(the latest caveator) yesterday and he seemed genuinely shocked and took details from me so that he could contact my solicitor and also the probate office today. My solicitor has already prepared a warning document and it may have already Been sent to probate to be sealed. But it if it goes on like this it seems never ending, they need to deal with the man who is responsible but they seem reluctant to do that.
              If you know who is behind this, can't you go to court to get an injunction to stop them doing something they shouldn't be doing. You can tell the Judge that the 'probate office' is allowing this to happen. Then seek some kind of compensation from them.

The 'latest caveator' can be your star witness, give you a 'written statement'.

Comment

Originally posted by Hagalout View Post
                Oops... teach me to read back before hitting keyboard!
                good luck

Comment

Oops... teach me to read back before hitting keyboard! good luck

No worries, thanks.

Comment

Sorry, Not sure why I can't seem to quote your comment like you did?

​​​​​​If you know who is behind this, can't you go to court to get an injunction to stop them doing something they shouldn't be doing. You can tell the Judge that the 'probate office' is allowing this to happen. Then seek some kind of compensation from them.
                    The 'latest caveator' can be your star witness, give you a 'written statement'.

​​​​​​Thanks, I did sort of suggest they could be my witness

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X