• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Npower Bill 2 years later

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• des8
    replied
    Hi...still not resolved then

I would write to Wescott advising still in dispute & to refer it to the organ grinder

Leave a comment:

• Phaeton
    replied
    des8 slainte caragh I've sent Npower a SAR today, but what do I do about Westcott, do we ignore them or send them a letter advising this is still in dispute & to contact Npower?

Leave a comment:

• Phaeton
    replied
    Received a letter from Westcott I've put it back in the post saying Return to Sender, Supplier knows the situation.

Leave a comment:

• slainte caragh
    replied
    Originally posted by Phaeton View Post
    slainte caragh Sorry they are not saying my son did the bypassing, they are saying the previous tenant did the bypassing & my son only benefited from it unknowingly.
    Then I would be saying "We are not responsible for you not maintaining YOUR property correctly."

The meter ultimately belongs to the supplier and it is their responsibilty to ensure it is safe and fit for purpose, if your son unwittingly benefitted from a bypassed meter, I would be demanding to know why this wasn't discovered sooner!

Leave a comment:

• Phaeton
    replied
    slainte caragh Sorry they are not saying my son did the bypassing, they are saying the previous tenant did the bypassing & my son only benefited from it unknowingly.

Leave a comment:

• slainte caragh
    replied
    I would be tempted to send in a "prove it" letter. Say, the onus is on the company to prove that the meter was tampered with by him and what proof do you have? Say you dispute that the usage is your son's and that you cannot be held responsible for lack of maintainence/training of their engineers so therefore you dispute totally that your son is responsible and there will be no payment until unrefutable evidence of your son's wrongdoing is forthcoming.

I would also be enquiring as to why there were no criminal proceedings against your son if they have evidence that he has tampered with the meter, as it is a criminal offence and carries a custodial sentence. (which I always think sounds like they stand you in custard but that's by the by!)

If they can't provide the explanations than they have no proof the debt is his!

Leave a comment:

• Phaeton
    replied
    slainte caragh Attached are copies of letters I sent & the one received, it addresses none of my concerns & by the looks of it is just a standard auto-letter. Npower_2018-01-09a.pdf Npower_2018-01-13a.pdf what would be your suggestion now, continue or wait & see, he maybe returning to the UK in June & could do with not having this as a welcome home.

Leave a comment:

• slainte caragh
    replied
    Re: Npower Bill 2 years later

Originally posted by Kati View Post
    always worth a SAR in my opinion ... although I'm not sure how much info they'll hold on you
    Telephone recordings up to 6 months
    Written records - to hand up to 18 months, however all records are kept for 6 years before destroyed ( i.e if i was looking during a call I could go back 18 months before having to send for archived notes, all notes (including archived) are kept 6 years)

Leave a comment:

• Kati
    replied

Originally posted by Phaeton View Post
    Is it worth sending them a SAR?
    always worth a SAR in my opinion ... although I'm not sure how much info they'll hold on you

Leave a comment:

• Phaeton
    replied

Is it worth sending them a SAR?

Leave a comment:

• slainte caragh
    replied

yeh cheers [MENTION=39710]des8[/MENTION], been at work too long this week. WE are governed by FOI Act and I have been saying it all day.

Leave a comment:

• des8
    replied

The right to access information about oneself held by a third party comes from the Data Protection Act.
    The Freedom of Information Act provides access t by the public to information held by public authorities

Leave a comment:

• slainte caragh
    replied

To suggest someone has knowingly benefited from Fraud is as good as saying he was party to it.

You need to see documentary proof that he actually knew he was benefiting from this and kept this knowledge secret, in which case when did they involve the police to rectify this?

He has a right under the Freedom of Information act to see information relating to him, I would suggest him quoting this and demanding the evidence of this tamper happening before he moves in, reminding them that the onus of proof is on them.

If they don't have it, he don't owe it!

Leave a comment:

• Phaeton
    replied

[MENTION=99495]slainte caragh[/MENTION] Sorry for the delay I'm not getting notifications of posts on this post although I am subscribed, getting them for other posts though so uncertain why not.

They received my last communication last Tuesday so will give them until Wednesday before sending a further latter, btw they are not accusing my son of the actual tamper they are claiming it was before he moved in & that he benefited from it, but refusing tell us how they know it was before he moved in.

Leave a comment:

• slainte caragh
    replied

I would re-raise the complaint on the grounds of inadequate maintainance on the meter, advise them that you are still fighting the matter and would like an independent and impartial review, which you intend to take as far as you can.

Remind Npower the onus is on them to prove that the bypass was caused by your son, meaning that you will require proof of how they know the dates of the bypass, and proof your son would have been aware of it without any formal training (as per their QUALIFIED (use the word qualified) engineers.

The whole 3 years thing.. veeeerrryyyy interesting as OFGEM state maintainance should be done every 2 years

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/sites/defau...ns_final_0.pdf

They might like a copy so they can refresh their memory... they might also like to be reminded that an accusation of Fraud with no proof is a very serious allegation that perhaps a Solicitor would be interested in, and could they furnish you with documentary evidence that this is the case, including photographic evidence of him tampering with the meter.

They will REALLY enjoy that *sarcastic laugh*

Leave a comment:

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X