• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

We are not with British Gas but they have set up an account at our house

Collapse
Loading...
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    It is now with the Ombudsman who have accepted the case.BG are now having to supply evidence. I canít think what that will be? Seeing as they have set up an account using our address and want us to pay for someone elseís electricity usage! And they have harassed innocent people for 18 months because of their administrative incompetence!

    Comment


    • #17
      Itís with the Ombudsman who have accepted the case but BG keep querying the complaint and havenít provided any evidence. Every time they do this they set the process back 10 days. I think itís a delay tactic.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by PJPJ View Post
        Itís with the Ombudsman who have accepted the case but BG keep querying the complaint and havenít provided any evidence. Every time they do this they set the process back 10 days. I think itís a delay tactic.
        Either they can prove you had an account or they can't. It is that simple.

        Comment


        • #19
          The Ombudsman received from BG a statement saying they dispute the acceptance of the case as we arenít the account holder due to data protection stating we arenít the registered account holders. Thatís the whole point. They send bills to our address heading of The Principle, Occupier. They took over an account from Robin Hood Energy and set up someoneís account at our address with a meter that does not belong to us on their database. We would be able to ignore if they didnít keep instructing debt collectors to intervene.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by PJPJ View Post
            The Ombudsman received from BG a statement saying they dispute the acceptance of the case as we arenít the account holder due to data protection stating we arenít the registered account holders. Thatís the whole point. They send bills to our address heading of The Principle, Occupier. They took over an account from Robin Hood Energy and set up someoneís account at our address with a meter that does not belong to us on their database. We would be able to ignore if they didnít keep instructing debt collectors to intervene.
            I'm not sure the SO would give you a copy, but if you could get a copy of that, that would be good.

            This is a case of 'Harassment', where they won't engage with you,they are happy to chase you for money you don't owe and never have.

            a) You could contact CAB, who can speak to British Gas on a 1 to 1 basis as the account is in debt (although not your account)

            b) You could make a claim against British Gas through the small claims court for 'harassment', no doubt you have loads of evidence of trying to resolve the matter. (Pre action protocols might even do the trick).

            Comment


            • #21
              Hi Thanks for replying.
              We did get in touch with citizens advice but they couldnít help and didnít seem to understand the problem.
              Not sure what SO is and what we need a copy of?
              We might start writing to BG that we are being harassed and copying CEO into letter/ email.
              Thank fully we have kept a lot of evidence but really just want BG to own the mistake and acknowledge it. Thanks

              Comment


              • #22
                a) We did get in touch with citizens advice but they couldnít help and didnít seem to understand the problem.

                If you speak to the debt people at CAB, they can get you through to the Energy people.
                I fully understand what you are saying, but it is difficult to get 'ones head around the situation'.


                b) Not sure what SO is and what we need a copy of?

                Services Ombudsman, that's what they are 'officially called'.

                c) We might start writing to BG that we are being harassed and copying CEO into letter/ email.

                Good idea, the situation needs a bit of investigating. The MPAN number is actually all it needs to resolve the situation.
                (MPAN - stands for Meter Point Administration Number).


                D) Thank fully we have kept a lot of evidence but really just want BG to own the mistake and acknowledge it.

                Good.

                Remember you are owed 'compensation' for the harassment, stress caused to you.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Hi thank you for your reply again!
                  We know our MPAN number and all the meter serial number that have existed at our address.
                  We also know the MPAN and meter number for the other person. But we donít know who that person is or where they live and nor does BG as far as we are aware.

                  BG have changed the UKPN s database. The other persons MPAN number and their meter serial number has been inputted with our address. Even though the meter does not exist at our house. And BG haven't acknowledged the mistake.
                  All the while someone out there is probably getting free electricity as BG donít know where this other meter is as they took the account over from Robinhood energy who went bust.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by PJPJ View Post
                    Hi thank you for your reply again!
                    We know our MPAN number and all the meter serial number that have existed at our address.
                    We also know the MPAN and meter number for the other person. But we donít know who that person is or where they live and nor does BG as far as we are aware.

                    BG have changed the UKPN s database. The other persons MPAN number and their meter serial number has been inputted with our address. Even though the meter does not exist at our house. And BG haven't acknowledged the mistake.
                    All the while someone out there is probably getting free electricity as BG donít know where this other meter is as they took the account over from Robinhood energy who went bust.
                    All BG has to do is check the MPAN number with ECOES - https://www.ecoes.co.uk/

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Hi Yes we found out about ecoes as my husband rang ukpn.
                      We informed BG that they needed to contact eceos but trying to communicate with BG is impossible. They just do not respond or acknowledge people. We will take your advice and ask SO for statement from BG and also ask SO to ask BG to contact eceos. Letís see their response. Most likely negative and dismissive. At least the SO have a line of communication with them that the general public do not seem to have.

                      Comment

                      View our Terms and Conditions

                      LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

                      If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.


                      If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X