• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Thames water bill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thames water bill

Hello everybody,

I am writing to ask what my options are in the below scenario.

I received a bill for £500.13 from Thames water for a period April to October last year. This has been an empty house much before that.

Thames water customer support informed me that 191m3 water was used in 17 days sometime in July.

We are not aware of any incidence which would consume so much water in 17 days time. Essentially more than £400 worth of water was consumed in 17 days. Thames water did not contact us to even make us aware of such an unusual consumption of water in those 17 days which strikes as very strange to us.

during the time when the house was empty it was on sale and estate agents and buyers did come to the house in our absence. But we are not aware if they had kept some taps open. We use to go to the house every month to check and did not see anything unusual.

I’ve complained to Thames water and they have said that they can’t do much about this bill and that it stays. I’ve already paid the bill.

I’ve also complained to the water regulator who have not come back time o this yet.

is there anything I can do about this?

regards...Van
    Tags: None

Sorry I've just read your post. Have you heard from the water regulator yet?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X