• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Simple Procedure

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Simple Procedure


    I need some help on how to respond to a debt that defaulted years ago. I have not paid anything to this debt since then as I have been struggling financially. I received a citation for a simple procedure. The options are to dispute or fill in a payment plan. I cannot dispute (real debt) and cannot make a payment plan as I have no expendable income at the end of the month. Should I fill in the form showing my budget anyway? Any help?
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Hi Anonymous973

    I take it's in Scotland.

    When was the last payment made?

    Could it be Statute Barred? If no payments has been made in 5 years.


    • #3

      The credit was taken out while I was living in England but have since moved back to Scotland.

      THe account defaulted in mid 2019. I am not sure when the last payment was but think it's just within the 5 years


      • #4
        Fill in the income and expenditure form (make allowances for the 'Cost of Living' crisis food, utility etc) if there is no money to each month, so be it, the Court would only ever ask you to pay what you could afford each month.

        Are there any grounds to defend the claim?


        View our Terms and Conditions

        LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

        If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

        If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.