• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Holiday Rental Cottage: No Day Visitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Rental Cottage: No Day Visitors

I run a holiday rental cottage and my insurance does not permit any day visitors. A guest invited four people up to the cottage one night and I had to turn them away (the 4 extra people) in order to be compliant with my insurance. The guest is unhappy and is now claiming some compensation in the form of a partial refund for a "spoiled" evening !! They're claiming it is reasonable to expect to invite people to the cottage. Can anyone point me in the right direction legally? What act comes into play here in Scotland? The guest is claiming it should have been made clear prior to booking . . . .My T & Cs are quite brief and they do not mention the "no day visitors" rule. Should they?

Simon. Callander
    Tags: None

I also have a holiday cottage in Scotland which I rent out. I would not dream of preventing guests from having guests in the house although I would object to them staying overnight of course. Why would your insurance say guests cannot invite guests for dinner? I would like to know more about the situation but on the surface the guest would be correct to be upset in my opinion although perhaps there is more to this than meets the eye.

Comment

Thanks. To be clear, the guests were not staying overnight.

Comment

Are there any Heath & Safety restrictions due to hazards, fire etc?

Comment

...and what is the exact wording of the policy exclusion?
          Better still if possible post a link to the full policy wording

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X