• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with medical report!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with medical report!

Hi, I'm new here so please be kind! Although obviously open to constructive criticism..
    Nearly 2 years ago whilst working as an out of hours district nurse and was driving with my colleague. I was at the front in a queue at temporary traffic lights around 2130. We were hit from the rear at speed by a man who I was later told was under the influence, who ran from the scene. Police attended and although we were told an ambulance had been called it did not arrive. I reported immediate onset of lower back pain. I was off work for 8 weeks but had to go back as I am the only wage earner in my household.
    I initially suffered with generalised pain from the waist down and was commenced on cocodamol and naproxen by my GP. As time went on the generalised pain receded and a lot of my pain was what I would class as nerve pain, sciatic pain down my leg, feeling like my leg doesn't belong to me and particularly coccygeal pain.
    I mentioned this to the physios I saw. I only had 3 physio appointments paid for by personal injury solicitor different physio each time, then was told my solicitors work on a time frame and mine was up ( they were never able to give me appointments as they were busy) and they would ask for an extra 10...this never materialised. In the mean time, I'd been pretty unhappy with physios who spent more time at the computer than actually treating me and had arranged one through work, he was excellent but unfortunately saw him twice and then...pandemic.
    My GP visits were limited pre covid ( anyone tried to get a gp appointment?!)and telephone only since. I had been back at work for 3 shifts, in agony with my colleagues begging me to go back on sick leave when I slipped outside a patients house. It was literally something we do all the time but it just exacerbated my pain and my colleague carried me off to a&e, who did nothing apart from tell me to carry on taking my existing pain relief. I was commenced on pregabalin for my pain in the July and changed to amitryptiline in the September.
    I saw an orthopaedic consultant as part of claim last November. I had declared that a&e visit in all my declarations but did not mention it during my 15 min consultation, it was not on my radar as it did not do or change anything. In his report he has made a huge deal out of this ' unfortunately, she DID NOT mention this visit' and has stated that this slip is more likely the cause of my coccygeal pain than being hit at over 40mph.( dr recorded this as a shunt) It would seem my coccygeal pain is mentioned for the first time in a&e.
    Fast forward nearly a year later, I had an mri in May and he has finally updated his report.
    It heavily insinuates that I am lying. My 'symptoms are not coordinate with the details of the accident' and I should have recovered within 3 months of the accident. My mri is unremarkable.
    I literally don't know what to do. How do I deal with this? This is not so much about the money, the solicitor is suggesting around £4000 which seems plenty but it's about truth and integrity. I am still taking cocodamol, naproxen, amitriptyline, omeprazole to counteract the naproxen side effects and movicol to counteract cocodamol. I don't sleep well due to the pain and I've had to change my job, I have never been able to return to the bank shifts in the hospital that I did before.
    I have a special cushion to sit on and a chair my work ordered. My GP throws medication at me but doesn't see me. I am so unhappy. An uninsured, untaxed, disqualified drunk driver ruined my life ..and I'm a liar.
    I've told the solicitor I refuse to sign, but they've said they aren't the medical experts and all they can do is ask to add my comments. So am I being ridiculous and should just accept this or can I actually fight it? This is a no win no fee case, my solicitors are a nightmare to get hold of and it is going through MIB as he was uninsured. (The police have never updated me on the outcome from their end. They have witnesses who saw the accident, followed the man and led police to him. )
    Tags: None

I am sorry I cannot help, but following due to something similar where info was omitted out of medical report.

Comment

Hi Jellie75. I'm a little confused as to your actual question you need answering? When your so frustrated with the system it becomes quite difficult to get your main points of concerns over. Trust me I get this.

I'm assuming with your comments relating to x3 physio sessions that you're solicitors have managed to obtain you an interim payment? Is this correct? Or were these x3 physio sessions part of a Medicolegal examination?

With regards to your recent fall, I hear what you are saying and what your legal expert is saying. The question you need to ask and be able prove with supporting medical appointment records following your fall, is why did you fall in the first place? Did you trip over something outside, or was your fall due to reduced power, pain in your leg? When you sought medical intervention following your fall, what does your gp consult record state or your discharge hospital letter say?

With regards to your recent MRI. Whom requested your MRI? What was the reason you were referred for an MRI and what part of your spine/Pelvis was the MRI for? Ie sacral? Lumbar, thoracic etc?

Do you have your own copy of the radiology report? Have you had any xrays performed at all to establish if you have any instability, or nerve root impingement?

Have you been reffered to your hospital pain clinic at all? The reason I ask is pain in the area you are describing can be associated with your bursa. Before I can maybe help a little really need further information.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X