• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How Do I Find A 'Good' Personal Injury Solicitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I Find A 'Good' Personal Injury Solicitor

I've been online for 2 days now searching through websites, reviews and forums, but I just can't work out how I choose a solicitor that would actually be best for my case. I have legal expenses cover on my Home Insurance so should I call them first? I've been told not to use one of the big No Win No Fee companies from the tv ads, but Im totally lost. *I fell when I was leaving a friends house 3 weeks ago and fractured my hip. I had to have full hip replacement and after a week in hospital I am now recovering at home. My friends have been in touch with their insurance company and they do have cover, but other than that I don't know where to start. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Hello,

You may want to contact the Home Insurance first and ask do they have preferable law firms that they used in the past? If they do not have any preference, then you can use the finder provided by the Law Society (https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/) to find a solicitor. The SRA (Solicitors Regulations Authority) also provides you with guidance on how to choose a lawyer. Once you found the name of your ideal lawyer, you may be able to google his/her name and see whether there are any reviews on his/her previous performance.

Thanks
    I am a law student undertaking work experience on the LegalBeagles forum. My advice is from my own experience only and is given without liability. If in any doubt, please contact a regulated and insured legal professional to seek further advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Law Student 5 View Post
      Hello,

You may want to contact the Home Insurance first and ask do they have preferable law firms that they used in the past? If they do not have any preference, then you can use the finder provided by the Law Society (https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/) to find a solicitor. The SRA (Solicitors Regulations Authority) also provides you with guidance on how to choose a lawyer. Once you found the name of your ideal lawyer, you may be able to google his/her name and see whether there are any reviews on his/her previous performance.

Thanks
      Hello, I would also like to add another suggestion. You may also want to visit (https://justbeagle.com/) which is a sister website of this legal forum and will be able to provide you with further information on chosen lawyers.
      I am a law student undertaking work experience on the LegalBeagles forum. My advice is from my own experience only and is given without liability. If in any doubt, please contact a regulated and insured legal professional to seek further advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Law Student 5 View Post
        Hello,

You may want to contact the Home Insurance first and ask do they have preferable law firms that they used in the past? If they do not have any preference, then you can use someone like (http://personalinjuriessolicitordublin.ie/) . The SRA (Solicitors Regulations Authority) also provides you with guidance on how to choose a lawyer. Once you found the name of your ideal lawyer, you may be able to google his/her name and see whether there are any reviews on his/her previous performance.

Thanks
        I agree, get some recommendations and start talking to them. You will quickly get a feel for those who understand your situation and those who are just going through a script and want to get you off the phone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X