• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Food poisoning - Waitrose

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food poisoning - Waitrose

I bought some king prawns from Waitrose the other day. (29th May 2019) Thought nothing of it, and cooked tea, including the kind prawns. Approx 24 hours later my friend and I started to feel poorly, and I mean really not good. Being sick etc and just really out of shape, dizzy etc, feel terrible even now.

I checked the food we had eaten and discovered that the prawns I bought were dated 19th Feb 2019!!!!!!

This is dangerous to say the least.

What can we do, I am off to the doctors tomorrow I feel horrible......
    Tags: None

Hope you feel alright now! I know they keep selling all this awful and expired food. I don't like shopping there, but it is near my house and sometimes I have no choice. It would be great if a supermarket will replace it.

Comment

I hope you got well after the food poisoning. I have heard about many violations and irregularities in the Waitrose grocery store. However, I have never find an expired or bad looking product. I always check the date and analyze attentively the product which I am about to buy.As for me it is the best grocery store in my town. Now after reading what you have posted I will more attentive, especially to sea products. I would also advice you to pass the intolerance test (one option is https://www.intolerancelab.co.uk) and see if you aren’t allergic to see food. And yeah next time when you buy something be attentive on the expiry date.
      Last edited by Cobalt117; 26th March 2020, 14:40:PM.

Comment

To advise we both were aware £1000 each

Comment

You should contact your local health department or food safety authority to report the issue. Providing them with details of the expired product and the adverse effects you experienced can help them investigate potential food safety violations. If possible, retain the packaging or receipt of the prawns you purchased as evidence to support your complaint. Additionally, when reporting the issue to your local health department or food safety authority, be sure to mention any specific preparation methods involved in using the expired prawns.
          I had a similar situation with Alfredo Sauce in a popular restaurant nearby. I regret I didn't go straight to the local health department. From that moment, I switched to homemade alfredo sauce and don't even think about going to that restaurant ever again.
          Last edited by sarah.white; 25th July 2023, 11:39:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X