• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Oodle car finance VT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oodle car finance VT

Hi,

I am in desperate need of some advice here so I hope someone can help me.

A small bit of background….. I was put on furlough last year and then made redundant and finally found a new job the end of last year. During this time I requested a payment holiday with my finance company. They agreed this for 6 months. However, when the payment holiday was over, instead of adding the amount outstanding to the end of my agreement it was split over 10 months which had really put my monthly payments up. I am now in a position where I cannot afford the car. I contacted my finance company and said I can’t afford the car anymore and would like to voluntarily terminate. They told me I al
    not half way through my agreement yet and there would still be approximately £2300 outstanding if I terminated and asked if I would still like to do this. I asked them if I terminated then over what period of time would I be expected to pay as if it was over say 6 months then I’d struggle as i can’t afford the car payments so wouldn’t be able to afford that. They said they couldn’t tell me but would refer me to Shoosmiths who handle their VTs. I have now been sent a link and it’s asking me to agree to additional charges if any damages outside of the “normal” wear and tear are found and this has made me really nervous. I’m worried I am going to end up still having to payment high payments and not even have the car anymore?

Does anyone have any advice for me as I’ve never had to do anything like this before?

Thanks in advance!
    Tags: None

Hi LOOCEY

Try not to worry, here's some info (there will be advice from experienced members) -

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...on-your-rights

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X