• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Santander Consumer Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santander Consumer Finance

Thought that I would Blog/Timeline my experience with VT'ing my Volvo. Hopefully it will go smoothly and this will be a good news thread #fingerscrossed

On 8th June I sent off my email to Santander, following the template letter provided here - thank you - I also sent the letter by recorded post on 9th June
    Yesterday (9th June) I got a response back from Santander stating that they had received my email and had passed it onto the relevant department

Today (10th June) I tracked my letter and it has been delivered - yay

The 14 day countdown has started...

...More to follow in coming days
    Tags: None

Htfc1 my car was collected on Tuesday so far the process has gone smoothly. good luck*

Comment

Today 11th June I got a text message acknowledging my request to VT

The text went on to offer to collect the vehicle for £70, which aligns with the contract conditions
      They have given me the option to reject this but I would need to advise them that I do not want them to proceed with this by COB today

I will of course accept the collection charge as it is part of the charges stated in my contract

I will wait to be contacted by the external agent to arrange the collection

Comment

R0B will correct me if I am wrong but there is no requirement for you to pay for collection.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
          R0B will correct me if I am wrong but there is no requirement for you to pay for collection.
          I did read something about that, but it is clearly stated in the contract under the section headed 'Any other costs deriving from the credit agreement'
          £70.00 vehicle collection on your voluntary termination of the agreement, if collection requested by you

I guess therefore that i need to pay this?

Comment

Depends on what the law says.* They can not request something that is denied by law

Comment

OK, then do you think that I
              a) should let them collect the car and then reject the invoice?
              b) call them and speak to them about the charge before they collect the vehicle?

Comment

Originally posted by Htfc1 View Post
                OK, then do you think that I
                a) should let them collect the car and then reject the invoice?
                b) call them and speak to them about the charge before they collect the vehicle?
                this is why we are advised to sign nothing... sign and you pay for collection.... don't sign then your agreeing to nothing. the drivers who do the collections are aware of this. my collection man said "silly question but can you sign? I said no and he replies "silly question really wasn't it "

Comment

Thank you Tony Tots....I hadn't intended to sign anything. I haven't even responded to their text message as the way it was written meant that if i didn't respond they would arrange for the car to be picked up, and today they confirmed that they would arrange for it to be collected

Comment

Originally posted by Htfc1 View Post

I did read something about that, but it is clearly stated in the contract under the section headed 'Any other costs deriving from the credit agreement'
                    £70.00 vehicle collection on your voluntary termination of the agreement, if collection requested by you

I guess therefore that i need to pay this?
                    The VT Guide explains this question so you should already have the answer. My first HP agreement was with Santander, they tried exactly the same thing with me. Suggest you have a read of the link below and the post I made.

Voluntary Termination - Please Post the Outcome of your case.
                    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Another text today from Santander thanking me for confirming my voluntary termination, and informing me that Crystal Collections would be in touch with date/time that they will collect the vehicle.

Comment

Received a letter from Crystal Collections today stating that they would be in contact within three working days to arrange collection of the vehicle. The letter also contained a warning about damage that was not deemed wear and tear.
                        I will await the phone call and the collection of the car and will update this thread with any further information

Comment

Got a call from Crystal Collections just now arranging a pick up of the car on 29th June - they originally offered 2nd week in July!! but i said that wasnt quick enough so they offered me the 29th.

so all good, but can anyone help with the following question

1) I currently pay car tax by DD so I want to transfer the vehicle ownership to Santander before my next DD tax payment is made. would it be ok to inform DVLA now that now using the date of my VT letter to Santander

Comment

Htfc1 I put a sorn on my car which they automatically stopped the direct debit payments anyway so long as you park the vehicle on youre driveway that's ok.

Comment

Today I got a letter from Santander confirming my voluntary termination - they also state that my liability is 0.00
                              All Good...

But...
                              there are two items that concern me
                              1) Under the heading of Your Liabilities its states
                              Under the terms of the agreement you are obliged to take reasonable care of the goods, this means that any repairs to damage such as dents or scratches must be paid for as well as any mechanical work required such as replacement of defective items such as tyres , exhausts, brakes and clutches.

2) Under the heading Credit Rating it states
                              The fact that you have chosen to terminate your agreement will also be recorded with the Credit Reference Agencies as a voluntary early termination of the agreement on your part, this information may be used by other finance companies when assessing you for credit in the future

Can anyone help me with the following questions please?....

1) what determines reasonable care when it comes to brakes for example? could they bill me for putting new brakes and discs on the car if they determine that they are too low? how would I push back on that?
                              2) Are they entitled to add a marker against me on my credit file for doing things within my consumer rights? again any guidance on how to respond would be very much appreciated

R0b I am hoping that someone can help

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X