• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Santander Consumer Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R0b
    replied
    Originally posted by Htfc1 View Post

I did read something about that, but it is clearly stated in the contract under the section headed 'Any other costs deriving from the credit agreement'
    £70.00 vehicle collection on your voluntary termination of the agreement, if collection requested by you

I guess therefore that i need to pay this?
    The VT Guide explains this question so you should already have the answer. My first HP agreement was with Santander, they tried exactly the same thing with me. Suggest you have a read of the link below and the post I made.

Voluntary Termination - Please Post the Outcome of your case.

Leave a comment:

• Htfc1
    replied
    Thank you Tony Tots....I hadn't intended to sign anything. I haven't even responded to their text message as the way it was written meant that if i didn't respond they would arrange for the car to be picked up, and today they confirmed that they would arrange for it to be collected

Leave a comment:

• TINY TOTS
    replied
    Originally posted by Htfc1 View Post
    OK, then do you think that I
    a) should let them collect the car and then reject the invoice?
    b) call them and speak to them about the charge before they collect the vehicle?
    this is why we are advised to sign nothing... sign and you pay for collection.... don't sign then your agreeing to nothing. the drivers who do the collections are aware of this. my collection man said "silly question but can you sign? I said no and he replies "silly question really wasn't it "

Leave a comment:

• Htfc1
    replied
    OK, then do you think that I
    a) should let them collect the car and then reject the invoice?
    b) call them and speak to them about the charge before they collect the vehicle?

Leave a comment:

• ostell
    replied
    Depends on what the law says.* They can not request something that is denied by law

Leave a comment:

• Htfc1
    replied
    Originally posted by ostell View Post
    R0B will correct me if I am wrong but there is no requirement for you to pay for collection.
    I did read something about that, but it is clearly stated in the contract under the section headed 'Any other costs deriving from the credit agreement'
    £70.00 vehicle collection on your voluntary termination of the agreement, if collection requested by you

I guess therefore that i need to pay this?

Leave a comment:

• ostell
    replied
    R0B will correct me if I am wrong but there is no requirement for you to pay for collection.

Leave a comment:

• Htfc1
    replied
    Today 11th June I got a text message acknowledging my request to VT

The text went on to offer to collect the vehicle for £70, which aligns with the contract conditions
    They have given me the option to reject this but I would need to advise them that I do not want them to proceed with this by COB today

I will of course accept the collection charge as it is part of the charges stated in my contract

I will wait to be contacted by the external agent to arrange the collection

Leave a comment:

• TINY TOTS
    replied
    Htfc1 my car was collected on Tuesday so far the process has gone smoothly. good luck*

Leave a comment:

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X