• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vt’d vehicle but think close brothers are trying to get away with vs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vt’d vehicle but think close brothers are trying to get away with vs

Hi, we vt’d our vehicle in November I initially just sent an email with the normal template letter with our details on and they came back to me saying thank you but I needed to print it off and physically sign and send that. So I did that and took a photo and emailed that. The next day they rang to arrange collection. So as far as I was concerned it was all good. However today we’ve received a letter with lots of figures on and them basically asking for the shortfall in the vehicle from the auction. So it looks to me that they are treating it as a voluntary surrender rather than a voluntary termination. My husband is going to ring them tomorrow and try and get to the bottom of it. But I’m just after some reassurance they haven’t got a leg to stand on! I’ve vt’d a few vehicles over the years but this is the first time I’ve come up against this. Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

It could be the case that CB are trying to say you didn't VT but instead voluntarily surrendered the car, that wouldn't surprise me. In other cases, they might try to argue that the car didn't sell as well at auction and on that basis they deem the car to be in an unreasonable condition so the shortfall must be paid.

If it is the latter, this is entirely wrong because the price of the car is not an indication that it was in an unreasonable condition. Selling cars at auction compared to other methods will almost invariably attract the lowest price. There could be other factors on the day such as quality of cars available, turnout etc.

CB if I recall do like to try it on and see whether you are bluffing but I would make a complaint and wouldn't bother entertaining their crap.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X