• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination with Vatable Added Products

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Termination with Vatable Added Products

Hello All,
    I'm currently starting the VT process, and we've already come into a problem. The loan is split into two. One for the car, and one for the GAP insurance and Service Plan.
    These are:
    Car - £12,600
    VAP - £698

Each loan is subject to it's individual interest charges. The car has £2096.59 of interest charges, and the VAPs have £132.65

A quick bit of maths easily shows the total amount payable under the contract is £15,527.24. This is also detailed in a section on the contract called "Total Amount Payable", and evidently includes both the car and the VAPs, and their associated interest charges,

As we all know, the VT rules come into affect once I have paid 50% or more of the Total Amount Payable under the contract. So, in this case, the VT point would lie at £15,527.24 / 2 = £7,763.62

I have paid:
    Deposit: £1567.64
    30 x monthly: £207.80

So, I have, in total, paid £7,801.64. We can clearly see that this is a bigger figure than the 50% (£7,763.62), if only by just shy of £40.

However, in the contract, it states my VT rights apply after paying half of just the car+interest, which equals £7348.30.

So, they're asking me for £420 to VT as I've passed the VT point for the car, but not for the products, which I can't VT as they're a different service.

My question is, are they right, or am I?

Thank you

T

** They're Vatable Added Products, but I'm still just a private individual to keep this as uncomplicated as possible
    Last edited by tobster911; 11th December 2018, 16:06:PM.
    Tags: None

I've uploaded the contract. Not bothered about names and addresses, as I no longer live there
    Attached Files

Comment

The GAP insurance you should cancel directly with the insurers, who may or may not allow a return of premium (depends on the policy wording)

Comment

I will be, and am entitled to a pro-rata refund less a £50 deductible :o

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X