• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination - Please Post the Outcome of your case.

Collapse
Important !
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kotya
    replied
    My experience with Santander Consumer finance so far:

14.04.2020 Sent a VT email using a template found on this forum

16.04.2020 Text message from Santander acknowledging the VT and suggesting that I can either deliver the car or pay £70 collection fee. Given the current situation due to COVID-19, didn't argue and accepted the £70 fee.

18.04.2020 Phone call from Crystal Collections, asking when the car is going to be available. Agreed to be collected Monday 20.04.2020

19.04.2020 Vehicle washed and cleaned throughoutly inside & out and pictures taken. The vehicle was detailed 6 months ago so the paintwork was gleaming in current weather.

20.04.2020 More pictures taken and few videos recorded to show that vehicle is running and all controls are working. Crystal Collections agent didn't event bother to inspect the vehicle properly, just had a quick look around, asked if it has service history and took it away.

Will update this once I have more details and whether Santander will try to claim any damages or not. Vehicle has a dent on the roof which was present at the point of purchase of the vehicle so I'm still expecting that I'll have to put up some fight with them. Also, I'm still yet to receive new logbook and send it out to Santander (vehicle was on private plate prior to VT) or be charged £25 by them

Leave a comment:

• xs2man
    replied
    Originally posted by jonevns1990 View Post
    Hi all, some good news!

Having spent a good 18 months arguing to and fro with BMW FS I can confirm the mileage charges have finally been dropped and the adverse entries to my credit file have been removed.

This essentially came down to me accusing them of coercing and falsifying my finance documents. As R0b has mentioned multiple times, the people that read and respond to these letter are most likely low-level customer support workers with no real awareness of 1. The law, and 2. How to counter concise arguments, thus going on the offensive and dropping themselves in it.

I won't go into the details but I am more than happy to supply you with my correspondence should you wish to see it.

Keep plugging guys - you will get there eventually!
    Hi jonevns1990.* I would like to see your correspondence if possible?* BMW are still affecting my credit score over 3 years later.* Not sure how to PM on here though.

Leave a comment:

• R0b
    replied
    Great news for both of you. TDC55 do you have a copy of the ruling you can send me via private message? It would be helpful and useful for others to use when they complain.

Leave a comment:

• TDC55
    replied
    I’ve had a letter today from FOS. followed advice given and they’ve ruled in my favour. Fees dropped. Case closed.*

Leave a comment:

• Dan_1127
    replied
    Excellent news, VWFS have agreed a settlement, no charges to be applied! Case won, case closed. Result...!

Leave a comment:

• GreggM
    replied
    Still waiting to hear my claim against BMW FS through the financial ombudsman. This has been ongoing for very nearly a year!. Hoping to hear something this year! I will post up the outcome.*

Leave a comment:

• jonevns1990
    replied
    Hi all, some good news!*

Having spent a good 18 months arguing to and fro with BMW FS I can confirm the mileage charges have finally been dropped and the adverse entries to my credit file have been removed.

This essentially came down to me accusing them of coercing and falsifying my finance documents. As R0b has mentioned multiple times, the people that read and respond to these letter are most likely low-level customer support workers with no real awareness of 1. The law, and 2. How to counter concise arguments, thus going on the offensive and dropping themselves in it.

I won't go into the details but I am more than happy to supply you with my correspondence should you wish to see it.

Keep plugging guys - you will get there eventually!

Leave a comment:

• Duffyscouse
    replied
    Originally posted by Bass Player View Post
    I started receiving demands for over £1000.00 worth of excess mileage charge in January after VT'ing in December.

I ignored all the letters and then when the debt recovery company sent me a preliminary warning letter I emailed back to VW copying the recovery company in stating the legal precedents that had gone before and siting a breach in GDP law in passing my information to a 3rd party without my consent. I haven't received anything since and a recent check on my credit history shows that actually closed the account in December prior to trying to charge me for the extra mileage.

Case closed and a big thank you for the information provided on this website.
    What quotes did you send ?

Leave a comment:

• R0b
    replied
    Hi LMAC,

As the title suggests, this thread is for posting the outcome of your case.

If you want some assistance you need to create your own thread I'll ask Amethyst to see if she can move yours and my post.

Leave a comment:

• LMac
    replied
    Hi,

looking for a some advice or guidance on how best to approach my current situation with Audi (VW fiance)

I voluntarily terminated my contract with Audi in early September and my car was collected by BCA on 09.10.19 as part of the process. I was aware that I had gone quite significantly over my mileage allowance so I knew I would receive a bill for this regardless.

Howver during the inspection by BCA they found £753.60 worth of estimated damage, however the two workers both stated that they were in their view within fair wear and tear standards and soft the age of the car it is in “pristine condition” (2016 Q3) they added that if Audi say otherwise then I should challenge this.

Today I have received my end of contract invoice from Audi with the full £753 worth of refurbishment costs being charged which when including their VAT goes up to £904. They state that the items fell below the standards of fair wear and tear. They have not broken down the charges nor have I received anything from BCA with the breakdown. My darling excess mileage is £706 plus VAT totalling £847.

Whilst I don’t feel I can confidently dispute the mileage (though I know on here it states otherwise) I do believe that the majority of the refurbishment costs are unfair and took several photos and videos ahead of collection to support a possible dispute.

if anyone has any experience with VW of this nature or step by step advice on how to challenge I would be almost grateful.

Thank you :-)

Leave a comment:

• R0b
    replied
    Thanks for the post, good to hear your experience was straight forward - a shame that the finance companies don't have a consistent approach!

Leave a comment:

• Kelly0611
    replied
    I seen this post just as I started my VT in September with Advantage Finance. I used all the templates and read all the documents and went in prepared. Here's my story

24/09/19
    VT lettter (using template here sent in)

30/09/19
    Dropped the car myself to a auction site (was only down the road so I decided it is not worth the battle re collection charges). Did not sign anything as per advice on here, and handed over the keys. Car 11 years old with a few scratches and bonnet cable missing, but the engine had a lot of work done to it and was in fab condition. I also made a huge effort in cleaning the car to a very high standard. It was immaculate (I think this helps 100%, great advice!). I took over 30 pictures after the clean and videos too!

15/10/19
    Confirmation from advantage that my balance is zero and they expect to report the changes to my credit report for the next run!

All in all, brilliant! I reckon the advice and templates on here really helped as they set the tone, portraying you as someone who knows the regulations

Thanks for your help R0b and everyone else who helped me

Leave a comment:

• Jenson M
    replied
    Originally posted by Bass Player View Post
    I started receiving demands for over £1000.00 worth of excess mileage charge in January after VT'ing in December.

I ignored all the letters and then when the debt recovery company sent me a preliminary warning letter I emailed back to VW copying the recovery company in stating the legal precedents that had gone before and siting a breach in GDP law in passing my information to a 3rd party without my consent. I haven't received anything since and a recent check on my credit history shows that actually closed the account in December prior to trying to charge me for the extra mileage.

Case closed and a big thank you for the information provided on this website.
    Still no news from VW?

Leave a comment:

• TDC55
    replied
    Originally posted by Aukey View Post
    Would keep it all in writing or record the calls just in case......you don't have to sign anything as VT is done regardless of what they say, there's better ways of explaining it but will leave that to others lol, gone down the right route with the photos though....
    This encouraging. I ended up taking VWFS to the FOS around April time, with similar issues. Still awaiting a reply from FOS

Leave a comment:

• Aukey
    replied
    Sweet, good to hear!

Leave a comment:

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X