• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form Northampton court (civil enforcement ltd)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claim form Northampton court (civil enforcement ltd)

Hi M1

Just a quick update and request for more advice.

I now have a date for mediation. Apparently, so I'm told by the gentleman who booked me into the time slot, both parties have requested mediation. So that means that CE have bothered to request mediation which I assume means they may actually turn up to mediation. My question is (from what I recall from reading on forums) , In your experience, is that likely? If they do, my plan was to offer no more than £1 for 13 minutes of going over time limit. Alternatively, what is your advice/opinion on best course of action? Am hoping they don't turn up but want to know whether that's a reasonable possibility. Just trying to prepare myself for all possibilities.

Secondly, when I initially contacted you, I had 4 letters before action. I only responded to two of them with your help as there was a 14 day time period within which payment was demanded in full. I assumed it was too late to respond to the other letters as the 14 day period had passed. Anyway, to my utter surprise, I received two letters in the post informing me that both charge notices had been cancelled! So thank you very very much for your help with achieving that outcome.

My next question is the other letter before actions are dated 7th June 2016. Is it too late to respond to them? If so, is it just a case of waiting to see whether I get another court claim? Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you

Sammy79

Comment

They will turn up. It's only a 3 way phone call. Offer only what you want to, even if it's drop this shit and i won't ask for costs.

It's only to late t reply when court papers are lodged but given the time i'd probably not bother now. Just a waiting game now.

M1

Comment

Hi M1

With regards to the letter of actions, it would be easier to send the letters and possibly get the tickets cancelled as with the two previous ones rather than go through this whole process again wouldn't it? Unless you think that's unlikely 4 months after receiving the letter of actions? in which case then I wouldn't bother.

Also, I wasn't planning to offer more than a £1 for 13 minutes of going over as I'm sure i was stuck in a queue driving out of the car park. To drop the matter, i think I'd go maximum £5 but i think that's ridiculous too. What should I expect from CE? Will they stick to their original obscene demands or are they known to negotiate during mediations at all? Am i just going through the motions here? The next step will be court which i don't see them turning up to. Am I wrong in my assumption? What is the best course of action in your opinion?

Thanks

Sammy79

Comment

CEL are unlikely to fold before court because of a letter (but don't actually turn up to court very often) and i've not heard of them being great for negotiating.

It's usually landowners or occupying businesses that help get stuff cancelled.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X