• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Enforcement - Claim Form Received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rdg2020 View Post
    Oliver please can you also share the request for disclosure of their documents supporting their case.... can i ask why did you not send it via email?
    Hi rdg2020 I sent it via email this morning to ccbc@justice.gov.uk

Here is the RFD I sent to Civil Enforcement

Thanks,

OJ

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by OliverJames View Post

Hi rdg2020 I sent it via email this morning to ccbc@justice.gov.uk

Here is the RFD I sent to Civil Enforcement

Thanks,

OJ

Thank you

Sorry - to clarify - you mentioned you posted the letter to CE, they also have an email - not sure whats best?

Comment

Originally posted by rdg2020 View Post

Thank you

Sorry - to clarify - you mentioned you posted the letter to CE, they also have an email - not sure whats best?
        When I asked this ostell recommended post and do it from the post office to ensure that you get a postage receipt. Do NOT post it signed for as they can refuse to sign (as I found out the hard way). Normal first class post and ask for a receipt.

Comment

Originally posted by OliverJames View Post

When I asked this ostell recommended post and do it from the post office to ensure that you get a postage receipt. Do NOT post it signed for as they can refuse to sign (as I found out the hard way). Normal first class post and ask for a receipt.
          great thank you il get it done today!

Comment

ostell good morning.

I followed all advice prior to this and have not received anything from Civil Enforcement, but this morning I received a "Notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track" through the post.

I am confused s to why, having seen my defence outlining that no information on the case had been received by myself, the court would be proceeding with it?

Are there any means for me to go back to the court to highlight that the defence can still not be correctly pulled together due to the lack of information?

Many thanks

OJ

Comment

I'm also a bit worried right now. I filed my defence inline buy today civil enforcement wrote to my saying no reply was received to claim form and therefore a CCJ has been applied....

Comment

Did you respond to the Directions Questionnaire

Comment

If that was directed at me ostell I didn't get the directions questionnaire. Just the county claim form which I acknowledged then submitted defence on 28 Dec.

The way I understood it I would be advised by the court if it was not found in my favour and I would then have time to pay before I any ccj was applied.

I haven't heard anything since submitting defence

Comment

With the notice of allocation did you not get a directions questionnaire?

You understood incorrectly. There has to be a hearing for the judgement to be made, it is not (normally) done on the paper but a hearing in front of a judge with both parties present.

Did you get a copy of the Directions Questionnaire from CEL? Look through your paperwork

Here's the Notice of Allocation Did you read item 3 on the form?

Here's the Directions Questionnaire Have you seen one of these and filled it in?

If a CCJ has been issued in default you have a month to pay before it is recorded against you

Look online at the status of the claim
                    Last edited by ostell; 22nd January 2021, 23:29:PM.

Comment

ostell i have my directions questionnaire and want to check that what i propose completing is correct;

Do you agree to this being referred to mediation - NO
                      Contact Details - Complete all
                      Small claims track - YES
                      Hearing venue - I assume it would be done online? If not, I will list my local county court
                      Expert evidence - NO
                      Witnesses - 0
                      Any days that I cant do in the next 6 months - I have a few dates I will list here
                      Interpreter - NO
                      Signature

Does that feel correct (for the parts that arent as obvious....)

Thank you!

Comment

You are assuming again! You name your local court, they will be handling. Northampton are just a clearing centre
                        Mediation - show willing and agree. You can mediate to a drop hands offer.
                        Witness 1, you

What happened to the "CCJ applied" ? Have you checked?

Comment

Thank you ostell, I will drop the "A" word from my vocabulary

What is a drop hands offer?

The CCJ was not in relation to my case, it was rdg2020 who raised that. Best to start a unique thread to avoid confusion.
                          Last edited by OliverJames; 25th January 2021, 18:38:PM.

Comment

Sorry about the misunderstanding, that's why hijacking is discouraged

drop hands = both parties walk away from the case and meet their own costs

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                              Sorry about the misunderstanding, that's why hijacking is discouraged

drop hands = both parties walk away from the case and meet their own costs
                              ostell ok, this makes sense. In reality, how often does a drop hands offer actually happen? And would I need to make a point of the costs I've incurred getting to court stage?

Comment

It works sometimes but the point is it shows the court you were willing to mediate. No eed to show costs.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X