• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • Please note that LegalBeagles is a public forum and the main areas are accessible to all, and as such, please take care your username or posts do not identify you. There is no need to post claim numbers, names or precise amounts to get support with your case. When uploading documents please ensure that you have properly redacted your personal details. Thank you.

Default CCJ - Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default CCJ - Help!

Hello,

I appreciate there are lots of threads on this already but would like to see if any members are able to offer me specific advise?

I've just found out via a credit alert that I have a CCJ registered against me from a private parking company

They've serviced the claim against my old address (moved last year). Updated driving licence, DVLA, electoral register etc when I moved.

On a couple of occasions I forgot to display my permit and got a ticket - They discontinued a case against me 18 months ago after I sent witness statement etc...

There was another occasion about 2 years ago (the specific parking event they've claimed against me on this occasion) --- where I parked in a sort of unloading area above ground next to the flats in the middle of the night. I specifically remember this event because I had been inside for around 15 minutes before returning to my car to find a ticket which I remember thinking how unlucky! I had forgotten my electric key fob to enter the gated car park and had agreed to collect my flatmate from the train station - so didn't go to my space in the car park for the 15 minutes,

Question is - is it worth trying to have the claim set aside? They claim that I've broken the T&Cs of parking - however the signage is foreboding i.e. there is no offer to park - also there may be some other legal arguments around unfair consumer contracts etc --- They've pursued me via POFA - so I believe that they can't add all the inflated costs on top.

I'm not bothered about being in a net loss position in regards to paying court fees greater than the debt - I want to pay them as little to nothing as possible.
    Tags: None

Set Aside Application

is the details for set aside applications. If the claim was served on your old address and they had no reason to do so ( which it sounds like, they didn't do their due diligence )then you really should apply to have the CCJ set aside. You can then make a decision on whether to defend the case or make an offer to pay so that the CCJ doesn't get reapplied if your defence fails.
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com

Comment

Thanks for the above link. That has been useful as have all the other threads on the forum.

I asked to have the judgement set aside by consent but they fobbed me off and then ignored the deadline I set for a response.

So I've sent off my little bundle to the courts - should be set a hearing date soon. Will update this thread with the outcome.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT

Please check you are reading the most up to date information.
      Current advice (2018) is DO NOT IGNORE a parking charge.
      See more
      See less

upgrade to vip

Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

only £15/yr

Offers available. No subscription traps.

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X