• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Highview Parking - Playing with the 14-day postage window?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highview Parking - Playing with the 14-day postage window?

Hi,
    A Parking Charge has arrived in today's post (16th June) from Highview Parking for an alleged parking issue on 31st May. This is obviously outside the 14-day window allowed. However, they have written the date of issue as 8th June.
    I find it hard to believe that a 1st Class letter has taken 8 days to reach me, but I have no way to prove when it was posted, or when it arrived! (No postmark as it is prepaid by them).
    What is the legal position here, as surely Highview Parking must prove when the letter was posted?
    My suspicion is that it was not posted on 8th June, but how do I prove it / do I need to?
    The issue is that although I am the registered keeper, I was not driving. As this has arrived 16 days after the alleged date, I believe I should not have to identify the driver / pay the charge.

Can anybody please direct me here?
    What do I need to do / what are my rights?

Thank you
    Tags: None

Copy, with details removed.
    Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	32C606E0-BB8F-403E-A568-9C9CC6F43005.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1580642

Comment

So appeal about the late receipt of the notice. I believe they are using a non royal mail service for the first part of the delivery.

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to deliver the notice within the relevant period of 14 days as prescribed by section 9 (4) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc

you could ask them to show when it entered the royal mail system

Comment

ostell: Thank you for your advice. I had read lots of posts, but couldn’t find this specific situation.
          It’s hard to believe that a first class letter took 8 days, so I will add something asking when it entered the Royal Mail system, as you suggest. As they have used a franking machine and it has generated a Mailmark code, they should have this available.
          Once again, thank you.

Comment

All cancelled after appealing the late delivery and questioning the date on which it was posted.
            Great result.

Comment

Good result. They don't use first class mail, they use a bulk mail handling company at a reduced rate, a rate achieved by bundling batches so no necessarily entering the postal system straight away. Look at the vertical lettering next to the Royal Mail symbol on your cover. That's who handled the mail.

Dedicated Mailing Services - PostageSmart - Taking the Mystery out of Postage | Mba Group (mba-group.com)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X