• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Corporate Services parking Management (Hereford) NTK received.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Ostell,
    so the appeal to the Parking Company is in........ I won’t hold my breath for a positive outcome !
    Having Emailed both the Nature Trust and The Council........... the councils reply was simply “It is owned by The Hereford Nature Trust” and nothing further !

Comment

Have a look at this web page, http://www.queenswoodandbodenhamlake...bout_the_trust , the small text under the first photo. The person that replied doesn't understand the difference between landholder and landowner.

Comment

Hello Ostell,
        so that was quick....... parking company have rejected my appeal basically stating that I was overtime.
        So how do I prepare for the POPLA appeal please

Comment

Just re-read my last post....... to be clear, they rejected my appeal as they maintain that my vehicle remained in the car park after the paid parking session had elapsed.
          Having read most of this forum and the BPA codes of practice I have a better understanding of the processes. Looking at the NTK, nowhere on it is the POFA referenced. I take it from the codes of practice that this is because they were unable to serve it on me within the time period and so cannot use it.
          The strange thing is that they invite me to pay, but nowhere do they “invite” or request me to give details of the driver. I have not identified the driver.
          The car park was controlled with ANPR. If they are not relying on POFA to transfer liability to me the Keeper, is there any way they can pursue me (the keeper) for payment ?
          Could anyone give me assistance with the wording for the POPLA appeal.?

Comment

As you weren't the driver they need to conform to the requirements of POFA to be able to hold you liable.

The PCN that you received must have been a first attempt by the company, it is missing so much. You point out all that is missing but required by POFA. Here's POFA, Check for yourself

Get a copy of that web page I referenced saying that the land is owned by the council and say that POFA and keeper liability cannot apply as it is not relevant land.

Not withstanding the above the notice:
            Failed 9 (4) by not delivering the Notice to Keeper within 14 days. Remember to add on the 2 days for delivery
            Failed 9 (2) (a), there is no period of parking specified. Moving in front of a camera cannot, by definition, be parking.
            Missing 9 (2) (b) The keeper is not told that the driver is liable.
            Failed 9 (2) (e) There is no invitation to the keeper to pay or identify the driver in the prescribed format.
            Failed 9 (2) (f) There is no warning of keeper liability in the prescribed format.

Put this all in the POPLA appeal and there should be no problems.

Comment

Hello Ostell ,
              just wanted to say a big thank you for your help and advice. My POPLA appeal won ! Corporate Services didn’t even both to play in the process. It’s satisfying to know it’s cost them more than me.
              Regads.

Comment

Glad it all worked out. It gets disheartening sometimes but glad you persevered

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X