• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Notice of Prosecution sent to incorrect address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice of Prosecution sent to incorrect address

Hi all,

I've received a notice of prosecution for a speed offence from 23/03/2022. The alleged offence committed is exceeded a variable speed limit, I was driving 47mph on a 40mph variable speed limit. I have changed my home address around the same time and I understand that the initial notice of intended prosecution was sent to my old address. However, my parents still live at the old address and did not receive any post for me during end of March and April. After speaking with the speed enforcement unit I found out that the initial notice was sent to me on the 30th March 2022 however, the speed enforcement unit couldn't confirm my address claiming that they received it from DVLA (which I totally understand that they have received it from DVLA but what address have they received I'm unsure). The notice of intended prosecution doesn't give me an opportunity to attend the speeding course because I have not responded to the initial letter sent 30th March 2022. I have argued that I've never received it but the Speed Enforcement unit has told me to raise this issue with DVLA. Add to all of this I can't login to the Public Access System website to check the details of the offence.

Can I please ask for some advice on this? I'm of course happy to pay the fine but the offence happened so long ago that I don't even remember driving on this motorway.

Thanks,
    Rafal
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X