• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** success ** Luton Airport BP Garage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andyc128212 View Post
    sorry what did you edit? I already submitted the appeal before you mentioned editing something, would that affect the appeal?
    Lol, not really.
    Post #26.....I had put 'registered keeper'
    ostell corrected me.....should have been hirer/keeper.

(I blame the drink, meself!)
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

ah phew thanks I wont hold that against you

Comment

Can I also ask, the rental company have charged my credit card £35 for this too. It sounds like this isn't OK and I'd like to get that back too. I'm trying to get a copy of the rental agreement but they're being really difficult. Trying to help but just saying in the branch they cant obtain copies of these. I guess I need the agreement to start with right?

Comment

It isn't OK, the terms probably say something like a charge for handing penalties and fines. This was just an invoice and nothing else.

Before you really have a go at the rental company wait until you are successful against the parking company. It puts you on a higher level.

Have you seen this today?

Comment

sounds good to me I just had an email from the branch to say they are getting the agreement soon too so I should have that.

Comment

It's probably an amended updated one so check it thoroughly

Comment

ah I wish I'd kept the original but never do, I'll keep them in future... I've received the agreement, no idea if its edited or anything but it does mention liability for PCN's etc at the bottom. I'll add it here for now and then I guess pick your brains on it once I've heard from the parking fine people, if they contact me.

Comment

Comment

Yep it looks as though they have supplied a form that mentions Parking Charge Notices. Unfortunate. But if you can get that PCN cancelled then you can start on them.

Comment

okey doke, should I hear back on that? or might they drop it and just not contact me again? The appeal did say I'd hear back but I don't know if they have to contact me with an answer?

Comment

Yes, they have to contact you, or should contact you. You will get a POPLA code so appeal to POPLA and you should win.

Comment

Morning all, I now have my rejection email and also a POPLA code, can I ask your advice on the best way to escalate the appeal please? thanks again

Comment

So you appeal to POPLA citing all the failures to comply with the requirements of POFA to be able to claim keeper liability.

The first is that the original Notice to Keeper to the hire company was outside of the relevant period of 14 days and therefore there could be no keeper liability.

Secondly they failed to comply with the requirements of POFA in that there was no supporting documentation included with the Notice to Hirer that is required under para 14 of POFA

Add in any other POFA fails.

Question their authority and ask for a copy of their contract to show their authority, not a witness statement saying that a contract exists.

Some of the references are in my post #12

Comment

Hi Ostell, I've been away so am getting this submitted now. So far I've written the below but I just wanted to ask about the 'question their authority' point, do I need to add a line to question MET parking's authority in the POPLA appeal? I just want to be sure I word this one correctly, thanks

-----------

Hello,

I am appealing this PCN for a couple of reasons; firstly the original Notice to Keeper to the hire company was outside of the relevant period of 14 days and therefore there could be no keeper liability.

Secondly MET parking failed to comply with the requirements of POFA in that there was no supporting documentation included with the Notice to Hirer that is required under para 14 of POFA.

Comment

I would add something like

"In the surprising possibility that you should reject my representation, please supply the following so that I may assess my legal position &/or take legal advice.
                                • A true copy of your company's agreement with the landowner. If the agreement is not with the landowner, then please supply all relevant agreements which form a chain of authority.
                                • A true copy of your company's agreement with DVLA."
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                                gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X