• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lease car return issues.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lease car return issues.

First post, but would appreciate some help/advice please...

In Sept 2016 i got a Jaguar XE on 4 year lease.

In June/July this year i enquired abut early termination as i was wanting to buy my new (to me) car a 2016 Merc E350d cabriolet (wanted a few months in the summer with the top down).

I was informed that i could return the Jag early and they provided me with 2 figures.

One was the amount i would pay if i returned the form cancelling the agreement by the end of July (about 1 months extra payment on top of that months), and the other if i returned the form before the end of August (about half a months extra payment).

I was also told that due to covid and the fact they were working on skeleton staff working from home that they may take 10 days to reply.

On the 15th July i returned the form via email advising them i wished for the contract to end in July.

I didn't hear anything by the 25th, but decided to give them a little longer in case they meant 10 working days.

On the 30th I emailed them again and got an email back a few days later in August stating that they hadn't received my email on the 15th July and now it was too late to take advantage of the July return cost, but it was ok for the August charge (effectively paying an extra month lease plus £160 'odd pound).

I replied asking them to recheck their emails as i can prove it was sent and it was not my fault that they were on reduced staff and may have overlooked it. Also that my car is parked outside a neighbours house (shared driveway) and needs moving sooner than later.

Yesterday i received an email off them stating that they will collect the car on the 7th Sept (which i am happy with), but nothing about the overpayment they have taken off me or my original email on the 15th July. They also said that the collections company will email me to confirm collection.

A few hours later i received an email off the collections company saying that they will collect the car on the 10th of Oct (over 1 month later) and that i have to ensure that it is MOT'd (it will run out in Sept).

This means i will have to get insurance and an MOT for a car that i wanted and had arranged to be collected 3 months earlier.
    They are also stating that the car is my full responsibility until it is collected, which i would agree if it was only a few weeks, but not 3 months.
    Tags: None

How did you get on with this? Has it been collected yet?

Comment

I made a complaint and didnt get it MOT'd, so they came and collected it on a truck.
      I didnt pay any extra and did receive several emails asking me to, but just ignored them as i knew i had a paper trail showing what had been arranged between us etc.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X