• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Appealing driving ban due to COVID-19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appealing driving ban due to COVID-19

Hi

My driving ban ended March 20th (DD40 in Scotland) and I had my theory booked for last Tuesday (24th). This was obviously cancelled due to COVID-19 and the DVSA website is saying no bookings for 3 months.*

My question is this, do I have a case to appeal against having to resist my theory and extended driving test due to inability to be able to sit either for 3 months??

I realise this is totally unprecedented territory but with the government relaxing so many things is there a possibility that this may be successful.*

My reasoning behind looking at appealing is because both my parents are self-isolating for 12 weeks or longer. I can’t get there as it’s too far to cycle, I refuse to use public transport, my sister is an hour away, plus my parents need medication picking, food and other supplies picking up.*

i know I’m probably clutching at straws but when it feels like I’m being penalised an additional 3 months through no fault of my own, I wondered if they may show some leniency.*

Regards

Hi, sorry to hear that, I can see how that would be frustrating for you and for your family.

Unfortunately I have not read or been able to find anything about a case to appeal retaking theory and driving test for the reasons you have stated. I think it is unlikely you would be able to appeal having to retake the tests. Due to the Governments advice to keep people from leaving the house and driving around between houses, I doubt they would show leniency.

However, if you are classified as a critical worker you are able to book an emergency theory or driving test.You must be classified as a critical workeras set out in the guidelines about workers who are eligible for educational provision for their children (https://www.gov.uk/government/public...l-provision)

and you must be able to provide evidence of being a critical worker to book the tests.

Other than this, I do not think there would be another way to appeal having to take the tests or take the tests during this time. I think your best bet would be to book your tests for the earliest you can and hope they are not deferred again.

Hope this helps, wishing you luck when you do take your tests.
    Last edited by Law Student 2; 6th April 2020, 17:24:PM.
    I am a law student undertaking work experience on the LegalBeagles forum. My advice is from my own experience only and is given without liability. If in any doubt, please contact a regulated and insured legal professional to seek further advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X