• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

sold my car now they want to return it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sold my car now they want to return it

hi I sold my car yesterday and the person who bought it messaged me this morning saying the air suspension had dropped, this happened when I owned the car too but the garage said it was the suspension levelling itself when parked for a long period of time like overnight on uneven ground, and there was no leaks or anything they could find wrong. the car had recently passed its taxi test mot and nothing was wrong with the car and the car when started the suspension rises up and drives fine so I don't see there is a problem with it. where do I stand on the issue? the car was bought sold as seen from me a private seller ?
    thanks
    Tags: None

As long as you did not misadvertise the vehicle and supposing the buyer saw the vehicle prior to purchase there is no reason for you to take the vehicle back (unless you're feeling generous!)

Comment

thank you for the welcome,
      I don't think I miss advertised the vehicle as I didn't see it as a problem as the garage said it was fine and only did it on uneven ground, also the purchaser viewed the car and went for a test drive was happy drove the car 70+ miles home and drove it fine this morning it was just the fact the suspension was low when he went to the car but when he started it it raised up and he drove it to work

Comment

No problems then.
        The vehicle is probably OK anyway, but on your description he has no grounds for rescinding the contract

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X