• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PARKINGeye wrong address at county court claim stage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just as an 'add' to my last post above, some P&D require you to display the ticket face up on the vehicle's dashboard.....obviously, before you leave the car parked.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi! Okay, the mediation is this coming Weds. However, today I have just received a letter from.them saying 'to bring the matter to conclusion' they will accept the sum of 125 (of the 175) and that this is a 'gesture of goodwill'. They have given me 14 days from date of letter (18th April).
      How best proceed? Ignore? Write back and say no, evidence we paid?

Comment

Hiya
        So there is evidence from P/E that it is probable you did pay.
        & it's ANPR, so no evidence that the ticket wasn't displayed per their terms.
        There is a 10 minute grace period per the Code of Practice...that sort of destroys their '5 minute' argument.

& they still want you to pay? (Albeit a reduced amount)

If it were me, they can 'jog on'!
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Okay, jog on to mediation! I agree! I'll ignore the letter. Any tips about how to deal with them at mediation?

Comment

Yes you make a drop hands offer as they cannot win.. Both sides walk away and pay their own costs.

Comment

I was taken to court a few months ago by Parking Eye , I ignored all letters from them and delt solely with the court , when the date came they didn't turn up and it was all dismissed even though they posted to the court a 184 page pack of evidence most of which was (****** vs beavis) and a few other old cases that they won , and it all stemmed from them not having signage up in the carpark as the company they got to install it was 10 months behind in installing them

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                I was taken to court a few months ago by Parking Eye , I ignored all letters from them and delt solely with the court , when the date came they didn't turn up and it was all dismissed even though they posted to the court a 184 page pack of evidence most of which was (****** vs beavis) and a few other old cases that they won , and it all stemmed from them not having signage up in the carpark as the company they got to install it was 10 months behind in installing them
                Well done for that, Reaper.
                It pays to do your homework, doesn't it.
                As is often said, the Devil is in the detail!
                OK, it might be small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.....

....but oh, that feeling you get when you stick it to them.....absolutely priceless!
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

In mediation NOW! They are saying that we overstayed by 47 mins which we didn't! I have passed back that I have two witnesses that can confirm this. Any thoughts but need to be quick!!!!

Comment

But that is not what they said in their documentation. Ask them why what they are stating now varies from the original calim

Comment

Will do. Can they change statement from claim form because they have thrown me somewhat. They said they have photographic evidence that we left at 4.56 when parking was paid up to 4.21.confused as did return early. Are they lying?
                      also we entered at 12.09 and paid at 12.21....we know why as we had to get money as signage awful.

Comment

Lady gone to another person but will come back.

Comment

Machine not working properly?
                          or contract not clear about overstay?
                          confused as we very careful and I remember we came back early.

Comment

They said the particulars of claim do cover that contravention. What now? On phone.

Comment

Okay. Mediation over. I have asked for evidence that we left 35 mins later than we did. If we did I still think that £175 fine is excessive for 35 mins overstay, however I realize that we are in the Beavis case territory which I think was £85? Yes we bought a ticket for what was clearly 4 hours but I could argue that the contract was not clear about exceeding that amount? See pic. My apologies for being stubborn but do I have a case here?
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Happygoodman; 1st May 2019, 12:28:PM.

Comment

Have not said thank you for all your invaluable support. Will go away and research for a while and come back.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X